Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series Empty
PostSubject: Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series   Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:48 am

Just started this one -- I like to have a few going at the same time. It is on 30X24 stretch canvas.

the grass and trees in yellow ocher, cad yellow, burnt seina, with a little lemon yellow, sap green, dioxide purple, van dick brown, burnt umber and perm. green. The sky first covered in magenta, dry to the touch then covered with a mixture which was not fully blended of: sky blue, white, turqoise hue. The clouds were started before the blue was dry with white, waited a day then blended white and paynes gray mixture and topped on top of the white blue, waited a day and added more white to form what I have now. I am going to wait for it to dry some then work more on it....which may be a while as the clouds have a lot of paint in them.

The painting needs so much more -- looking forward to working on it more, this weather is so good for painting.

Thinking of calling this Off the beaten Road in my Journey series-- I enjoy having several paintings going at the same time. I also have a couple more going, will see where they go?

On a side note my husband has been up in Alaska for work, but been able to get out and take some picture, well most of them are of grizzly bears, not sure if any of you would be interested in a picture or two, he says he has taken a few pictures -- around 600 of them, I am hoping he has taken more than just bears, but they sound interesting to see and great stories to go with a few of them. He said it's like being in a candy store, really having a great trip on top of working.

I was invited to show several of my pieces, we will see if it works out -- it will be a local art show and a four hour show.

Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series Off_th10
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series   Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:09 am

It's progressing well. I keep looking for other photos for you for your road series, but I haven't quite found any of real interest. good luck w iththe show.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series   Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:36 am

Great news about the show. Let us know how it goes...send pictures.
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series   Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 am

Nice start Dana! I like it that you are doing a series - that makes for an interesting show.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series   Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Looking great Dana! I love the way you handle color! Good luck with the show. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series   Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Off he Beaten Road....another one in the Journey Series
Page 1 of 1