Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

On the Road Again Maybe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

On the Road Again Maybe Empty
PostSubject: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Ive gotten most of van finished except a few cabinet doors that will have to wait until I get back east and have more Baltic Birch to make them with. I was going to buy more here, but I have quite a bit at home so it didn't make sense to buy more. I still have sections of ceiling to finish screwing into the metal ribs and some other minor details, but I'm good to go.

All I have to do now is hope and pray that all the tornadoes heavy rains have stopped by next Tuesday and stays that way for the week. I go through Amarillo, Oklahoma City, St. Louis and Columbus, Ohio, before heading up to Buffalo to visit family and then on to Northern NY.

See the photo below.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptySat May 09, 2015 9:15 pm

On the Road Again Maybe Img_2010

The stuff at the top of this second picture, is the screening I put over the back opening. I was trying to hold up while taking the picture while standing on a step stool. A little awkward, but I think you get the idea.

On the Road Again Maybe Img_2012
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptySun May 10, 2015 6:19 am

Wow, Judy, are you doing ALL of this by yourself? You're amazing! How does Mozart like the motor home or has he been in it yet? I hope the weather is good for you - it's about time for some good weather!

Happy Mother's Day to you!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:21 am

Nice progress on the rolling reno! Thanks for the update!
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:42 pm

It looks like lots of fun. Have safe travels!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyTue May 12, 2015 10:30 am

Time to head out. Hope the weather cooperates. I had to do some creative packing since this is a little smaller than what I've had previously, but I have the important stuff.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyTue May 12, 2015 1:30 pm

Bon Voyage!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyThu May 21, 2015 8:19 am

Finally got home after 9 days. I had to stay in Buffalo a few extra days for a funeral for my husband's aunt, whom I usually visit each time I pass through.

Other than some hail in New Mexico and heavy rain followed by dense fog in northern Texas, the trip was great. I love my new van. The gas mileage was 20mpg as opposed to 12mpg from my old van. The bed was really comfortable and everything worked like I wanted it to.

Now I've got a lot of unpacking to do, hook up the water and get the furnace going. Back to work!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyThu May 21, 2015 11:55 am

Judy,

I am quite impressed by your routine of life... Smile

Faisal
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyThu May 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Forever summer, and traveling with new scenes to paint all the time. Sounds like you live a good life. So happy for you.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyFri May 22, 2015 4:22 pm

Thanks Faisal and Crystal. Now if the weather would just cooperate. It was 80 on Sunday and then got cooler as the days progressed and tonight there is a frost warning. Thank goodness I got all the water valves back in and the water turned on without any leaks, and got the furnace running last night so it was toasty warm here.

A few more days of cleanup and getting organized and then it is back to painting.
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptySat May 23, 2015 12:32 pm

So glad you arrived safely and I hope you can start painting soon!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptySun May 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Did a few small painting exercises for my Sumi course. Here is one of them.

On the Road Again Maybe Bonsai10
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyMon May 25, 2015 10:15 am

This is really beautiful, Judy! Very Oriental and looks to be a perfect Sumi painting.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyMon May 25, 2015 4:00 pm

Thanks Jan. I'm having a hard time being very creative these days, but at least this came out pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyMon May 25, 2015 5:25 pm

I really like this painting and the colors are great. Glad that you're settled in for the summer.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyTue May 26, 2015 9:06 am

Thanks Crystal,
I'm such a detail person, that these classes are really helping loosen me up.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyTue May 26, 2015 1:47 pm

Is the Sumi art a Japanese/Chinese artform? Looks very much so and pretty...
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe EmptyWed May 27, 2015 2:35 pm

Yes. The class is contemporary Japanese painting and uses several Sumi brushes along with others. I'm not real good with it and sometimes have a problem with leaving white space which is often a significant part of Sumi painting. It is a challenge and is fun trying a new way of expressing thing. It is mainly watercolor and liquid inks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again Maybe   On the Road Again Maybe Empty

Back to top Go down

On the Road Again Maybe
Page 1 of 1