Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DesertRambler

DesertRambler

Location Location : Northern Nevada (Reno area)

Hello - So glad to have found this forum!! Empty
PostSubject: Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!   Hello - So glad to have found this forum!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:08 pm

I am quite a beginner artist, having only dabbled a bit in acrylic painting for the past year-and-a-half. I am trying to paint more regularly around the busy life of working fulltime and raising fraternal twin boys (born 6/28/1998.) My husband is retired and is home with the boys, as we also homeschool them. I try to find time for myself at least once/week and try to use that time to paint, but have found that some seasons I don't paint as much as others.

So far, I am use acrylics for my paintings and I am still learning/painting from instructional books. I have recently discovered WSOs and Golden OPEN Acrylics and I am very excited about trying them out. I will be posting more on that in the appropriate forum as part of a discussion from last year that I want to join in on!

Thank you for hosting this site! I look forward to learning from all of you! artist
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!   Hello - So glad to have found this forum!! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 pm

Hi Cindy,
So glad you have joined us. We look forward to your comments in other areas of this forum. We do have an area for Acrylics which I see you found in Water mixable Mix ups. I use acrylics and and WSO's about equally and frequently use the acrylics under the wso's. I bet you're glad to be northwest of Arizona right now with all the wild fires. N. Mexico is really suffering from our smoke. Fortunately for me, I'm in northern NY right now enjoying clean fresh air.
Back to top Go down
DesertRambler

DesertRambler

Location Location : Northern Nevada (Reno area)

PostSubject: Re: Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!   Hello - So glad to have found this forum!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:29 am

So what are you doing in New York? Do you spend half a year in each location during the year? Escape NY when winter hits? Smile
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!   Hello - So glad to have found this forum!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:43 am

Welcome to the Forum Cindy!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!   Hello - So glad to have found this forum!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 am

You've got it, Cindy.

Winters here in northern NY frequently go well below zero for long periods of time in the winter, while in Arizona, it gets well over 100 degrees for long periods of time through the summer. My husband and I built a wonderful log home in the woods of northern NY which I enjoy in the summer and we bought a house in Arizona which I completely enjoy through the winter.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!   Hello - So glad to have found this forum!! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Welcome, Cindy! So glad to see you join us. I'm still in the beginner stage with WSOs...that is when I can find the time and place to paint.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

PostSubject: Re: Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!   Hello - So glad to have found this forum!! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 10:25 am

Hi Cindy; Glad you have joined us.   Welcome to a fun group.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!   Hello - So glad to have found this forum!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello - So glad to have found this forum!!
Page 1 of 1