Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend Empty
PostSubject: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:58 am

Please see below
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:01 pm

Hello, this is a 6"x6" painting. Nothing unusual.

I used Maroger for the first time, on this. It is even better than Meglip and Liquin. Infact it is hands down the best medium ever. It gives body to the paint without making it soupy and it allows the layering of paint without the lower layer mixing, unless you apply pressure. It is awesome. But I got a scratchy throat from this and am wondering about the long term effect.

All feedback are welcome.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 12:21 pm

Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend Orange11
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:30 pm

This looks so real, I can taste it. Hope you are not reacting to the new medium. Maybe try to paint in a more well-ventilated area. That's what I have to do with some things I use.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks Judy… Smile

I am more concerned about my kids. I am torn, Maroger is soooooo good. But I think I will have to weigh health versus joy of painting… !!!!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Love this new piece, Faisal.

Yes, be health conscious! No sense in gambling with anything that could affect you or younger people. My wife paints with gloves on, she is messier than I, ha ha. I don't wear gloves but rarely ever touch any of the paints or other chemicals.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Love, love, love this one!

Are you sure it's the Maroger's that caused your scratchy throat? This time of the year is the worst for that kind of thing - our houses are dry even in areas where humidity is normally high and most stores are way overheated. There are even "bugs" going around that cause it.

Are there others who have complained of the same thing or had other reactions? I wouldn't want you to compromise your health or especially that of your children but if you like the medium, make sure that's what's causing your problems. Does it smell? I've never used it nor even know what it is exactly so can't weigh in on the dangers of it.

Keep us posted.

I'm sure you'll do the best thing for you and your family.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Aaaargh!!! Since I really didn't know anything about Marogers, I googled it and I suggest you throw that stuff out immediately! The words "highly toxic" and "volatile" kept coming up and you're a wonderful painter even without any medium that could cause serious health problems to you or your family! Yeah, sure, everyone says it's great but you could certainly live without it (emphasis on live!)
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Thanks Jan. I am not using Maroger anymore. I have gone back to Meglip. I don't think the sore throat was worth it and most of all my little daughter is way more important than art.

Faisal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend   Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting #107: Orange U glad, it's the weekend
Page 1 of 1