Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!

Go down 
+2
Janet
rosebud
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rosebud

rosebud

Location Location : Kansas

I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! Empty
PostSubject: I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!   I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 am

Just wanted to say hello! I am new to water soluble oils, just bought my first set + extras, and am eager to try them out! Any information basics that you would like to share would be greatly appreciated! I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!   I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi rosebud! Welcome to the forum! Just a few things that I found helped when I started working with WSOs:

- Work small and simple to start
- Don't hesitate to ask questions
- Don't be afraid to experiment
- Paint, paint and paint some more

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!   I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:15 pm

I don't know what brand of WMOs you have, but most of them are sticky, when you use only water as your medium. Many people here use M. Graham's Walnut Oil or Walnut Alkyd, among others. I would suggest trying a few mediums with your paints to see what's most comfortable for you.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
rosebud

rosebud

Location Location : Kansas

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!   I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:31 pm

Thanks, Dayle and Janet! I have been looking into your forums here and have found many anwers to my questions already! And I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! Icon_flower I think I will invest in some walnut oil...that sounds like a winner to me. I can't wait to put my brush to a canvas! Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!   I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:14 pm

You're welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your paintings. We have a great group of members that are always supportive and helpful so don't hesitate to share. Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!   I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Rosebud,
Glad that you are joining us. There is so much to learn even when you've been painting for years. This forum has been invaluable to me in trying new approaches to painting and expanding my understanding of many aspects of Ws oils and other media.

I look forward to seeing your work as you progress. Feel free to post in Works in Progress as you work so we can all share with you as you proceed.

Judy I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! 198625 Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by judyfilarecki on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!   I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:24 am

Hi Rosebud
Glad you've joined and look forward to seeing your work. Everyone is extremely helpful here.
Jack
Welcome
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!   I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Howdy Rosebud!
Glad you found us! Are you new to oils in general, or just ws oils? If you've used oils before, I'd say get a ws medium comparable to whatever you've used before so they'll handle more like what you're used to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!   I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it! Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm new to WSO, but am glad I found it!
Page 1 of 1