Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....  Empty
PostSubject: 35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....    35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....  EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:05 am

A few months ago, I was at a friends wedding and at the end of the ceremony all the guests got this cute glass rose with a silvery-plastic stem and leaves. It had been among my knick-knacks of objects to paint, so finally last night I composed a dramatic setup in a shadow box and gave it a go.

I have always been fascinated with Rembrandt and how his paintings were influenced by dramatic light. So here is the glass rose in a vase under a dramatic light. For those who like Rembrandt's work, check out David Leifell's work, he is very good.

Size: 5" x 7"
Time Taken: 2hours approx.

35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....  Glass_12
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: 35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....    35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....  EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:16 pm

wow! I think this is your best yet! I can't wait til you start showing your work at some venue in your home area.
I am sure you will get a very positive response!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....    35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....  EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Thanks Alan, Thank you for the encouragement, I agree with you that this is one of my best work so far... Smile. I am feeling more relaxed and confident with WSO and developing a intuitive feel for the medium. I am beginning to enjoy it a lot.

I truly think painting small and often is really helping me. I am trying to reach 100 small paintings before I start putting them up for sale.

Thanks once again.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: 35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....    35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:27 am

I agree that this is your best yet. You're really growing by leaps and bounds in your art.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....    35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks Jan for the encouraging words... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....    35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....  Empty

Back to top Go down

35th Painting: A Glass Rose by any other name....
Page 1 of 1