Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Chat November

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

General Chat November Empty
PostSubject: General Chat November   General Chat November EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:16 am

November arrived with about an inch of snow here. Lots going on and it looks like that will continue through the end of the year. Not as much time for painting as I'd like.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November   General Chat November EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Snow has melted again here.
But studded winter tires are on, so good to go. And they'll hear me comin'.
Hoping to get some painting in this month. Will check in with new snapshots if I do...
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November   General Chat November EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Good to see you both. October was a hectic month. I must apologize, but I have no snow report to give today, only wind.I did finish two paintings this month which were from about ayear ago. I'll get them posted shortly. Stay warm
Back to top Go down
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November   General Chat November EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi Folks;

I'll probably be very quiet for a time.   The disk space on my computer is at critically low levels and I've got to install larger hard drives (shushhh, those digital images chomp up lots of space!).   I'm also going to try and upgrade the operating system.   However there are some known issues with the HW/SW on my computer in doing that Sad.   Even if that works with minimal problems, I've got lots of software that will all have to be reinstalled or replaced.   I was hoping to put this off until the new year, but I took too many pictures this fall Laughing.   So for now I'm 10-7 (going silent).
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November   General Chat November EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Best of luck! We'll miss you Jim.
Dayle
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November   General Chat November EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Jim, you can do what I do.. burn the photos onto DVDs, to free up HD space. Plus, it is reassuring that they are safe from HD crashes.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November   General Chat November EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:58 am

Jim,

Why don't you just get an external hard drive to store your pictures on? It just plugs into a USB port to download them to it and then it can be unplugged until the next time you want to add to it. Seagate makes some very good ones and they are not overly expensive. It is a lot easier than installing a new hard drive. I have two of them. Here's a link to them.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/

Judy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November   General Chat November Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat November
Page 1 of 1