Share | 

General Chat November - December 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: General Chat November - December 2009   Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:35 am

This thread is for us to share our art in other mediums. Discuss anything that doesn't fall in any of the other categories on the forum.

Last edited by Janet on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:41 am

Hi! I'll be travelling today and now I feel inspired to take more photographs with the new Reference Image Library. No snow here yet which is unusual for this time of year.

judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:52 am

Hi Janet,

No snow here yet either sunny in the desert. I'm going to try to find my pictures of the one time we had snow at Easter time, and I'll post it in the RIL
Judy

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Judy, I took a look at the new photos you added to the RIL and they're great! I'm looking forward to seeing the pic with snow in Arizona. That must be a rare event. I did take several pics today but I'll need to wait until tomorrow to take a look and see it their are any that aren't blurry. Yawn, a little tired. Smile

Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 am

I took hundreds of photos yesterday but none that turned out. It was a very cloudy day so they all looked very dull. Off to paint for the current challenge.

Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:48 am

Judy, did you have your cast removed yet? How is your hand feeling?

judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:51 am

This afternoon at 2:45 but who's counting. I can't wait. Judy

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:52 pm

Callie,

I just looked at you website and your turtle is a riot.

Here's the link if anyone hasn't seen what I'm talking about.

http://callendaledesigns.com/funstuff.html

Judy

Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Too funny! Wouldn't that make a great pet! Smile

Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:25 pm

One of these days I'm going to finish that site (yeah-right Laughing ). Lately, every time I do have the time to work on it, I either paint or go lurk in the forums! I've got a few web design jobs going, but the weather's been so good here - I'm spending more time outside painting rather than getting my own site in order. I haven't even gotten a photo or avatar ready for this forum. Dang painting! it's becoming an obsession!
Judy - is your cast off now? Do you have some movement in your hand/fingers? Will there be physical therapy now?
Janet - too bad about your photos. Maybe if the compositions/subjects are good, there still might be some painting inspiration there?

I smell dinner burning.... better get off the computer! affraid

Callie
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Janet wrote:
I took hundreds of photos yesterday but none that turned out. It was a very cloudy day so they all looked very dull. Off to paint for the current challenge.
janet, Even if they are dull, you have the artist license, as we all do, to brighten up any picture. I'm sure the subject content is great judging from the ones you have posted so far.
Judy

Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Callie wrote:
One of these days I'm going to finish that site (yeah-right Laughing ). Lately, every time I do have the time to work on it, I either paint or go lurk in the forums! I've got a few web design jobs going, but the weather's been so good here - I'm spending more time outside painting rather than getting my own site in order. I haven't even gotten a photo or avatar ready for this forum. Dang painting! it's becoming an obsession!
Judy - is your cast off now? Do you have some movement in your hand/fingers? Will there be physical therapy now?
Janet - too bad about your photos. Maybe if the compositions/subjects are good, there still might be some painting inspiration there?

I smell dinner burning.... better get off the computer! affraid

Callie

It sounds like you have the same addictions we all do, painting, forums, website that needs work, and burning dinner.

The cast is off and I'm busy typing. Things are moving well, but the numbness is still there, but no more pins and needles when I hold the paint brush. I'm busy practicing typing using all the fingers on my right hand instead just my index finger. The numbness will probably persist for about two months until the sensory nerves grow back, but at least it is a constandt numbness not that anoying pins and needles.

Tanks for asking.
Judy

Back to top Go down
Callie

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:59 pm

That's good to hear, Judy! Here's to a speedy recovery cheers

Callie
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:46 am

I'm a Facebook addict more so than forums, although they various types of forums have claimed a larger slice of time in the past. I enjoy playing Mafia Wars, Farmville, and Rollercoasters right now. Bossier than forums, they require maintenance, so keep you coming back so you don't lose previous feats/points/money.

My art blog is pretty much fun to maintain. I like how it shows progress. I can also program posts in advance, so it is flexible. My goal is two posts a week - or so. - sometimes more, sometimes less.

What has suffered is my personal blog, which I've had over five years. It's getting rusty over there.

These are reasons I like taking classes, which make me carve out time and stay active, a real issue for this plein air artist during the winter.
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:03 am

Judy and Callie, Thank you for the tips and advice! I think they were blurry as well. I'm actually trying to take photos for the Reference Image Library so I want them to be clear. No problem... thank goodness for digital cameras as I'd be burning through rolls of film in no time. I'll keep trying. I might set up some still lifes for the Still Life section of the RIL. I think I have some photos on my laptop as well that I took a long time ago. I'll look through them and see if I have anything worthwile to submit.

Callie, Painting becoming an obsession is a good thing! I really need to get more disciplined in that area. Mmmm burnt dinner my favorite!

Judy, I'm glad you're on the road to recovery!

Bonnie, sounds like the Facebook site is fun! I don't have one yet but maybe some day when I don't have so many things going on. My blog is pretty lame. I just throw up some of my art with a breif description. Smile

Callie

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:35 am

Well, I didn't ruin dinner, got it out of the oven just in time - and got right back on the forum Laughing (instead of working on the newsletter I need to finish). I think Facebook, Myspace, etc, is a can of worms I better not open! I putter away enough time already!

I've taken a load of photos the past several months from our plein air outings. Nothing exotic - just local scenery (lily ponds, flower beds...). I'd be willing to put some in the RIL. Does someone need to look them over first, or do I just upload them in the appropriate categories?

Callie
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:42 am

Callie, good to hear that you didn't burn your dinner! You can just go ahead and put the photos in the appropriate categories. Just let Judy or me know if you would like different categories. Your wish is my command. Smile

Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:09 am

Just in case anyone is wondering. Ads are starting to appear at the top of the forum when you're not logged in. These ads are not affiliated with this forum. Part of having a free forum is that Forumotion puts ads up that they profit from. I've configured the forum so once you're logged in the ads will not appear. Unfortunately no way to remove them completely. I never intend to profit from this forum and it was created as an option for artists who use Water Soluble Oils to grow and learn together. This is not my forum it's our forum and all suggestions will be implemented or put up as a vote to all members. Smile

judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:54 am

I had read that they were going to resume putting ads on. Thanks for opting out of them once logged in. I'm surprised they give you that option.
Judy

Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:32 pm

I was surprised as well but glad that it was an option. I also was able to make sure that the ads that do show up when you're a guest don't contain graphics or video which can slow down the site. Smile

Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi everyone! Just a sprinkling of snow so far. I'm surprised. Maybe a green Christmas this year. Anyone start their Christmas shopping yet. I ususally wait until a week before Christmas. I love running around like a chicken with my head cut off. rendeer

Callie

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:10 pm

No real Christmas shopping this year. My husband was in China (for school), and he picked up stuff for everyone while he was in Beijing. So - no desperate last minute rush for me! I usually go a day or two before and limit myself to one store, like an antique shop. Makes it easier if I don't have a jillion choices. Some relatives/friends just get another painting for their ever expanding collections santa

We had another summer-like day here, clear, sunny and quite warm. The rain should move in just about the time we head out to paint tomorrow tongue

Callie
Back to top Go down
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:16 pm

No snow here either, which is not surprising. I don't want a repeat of last winter with the abnormal excess of snow and wintery cold. Usually it's just mild and wet here.

I don't do any Christmas shopping. I make almost everything I give. Part of being a starving artist. Wink
Back to top Go down
Janet

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:21 am

Callie, I'm looking forward to the day that I feel my paintings will make good gifts. That certainly would make things easier. What type of courses is your husband taking in Beijing?Smile

Sofie, Making your own Christmas gifts is a great idea. What type of gifts do you make?Smile

Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:33 am

Janet - I've printed up calendars with paintings from 2009 for my mom and my siblings, and such. I also print cards and prints that I gift. I just painted a "puzzle" for my grandaughter's first birthday with six panels of 5"x7" canvas board - it's of butterfies and leaves seen through a window. Paintings are more for larger gift occasions, like signpost birthdays. Wink One of my sisters turned 60 this November and I did a romantic style painting to fit her heritage house.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat November - December 2009   

Back to top Go down

General Chat November - December 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next