A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Gray scale painting to completed colored version

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Gray scale painting to completed colored version   Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:28 pm

This month we are working on gray scale paintings and then completing them in color. Below is my completed still life.

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Gray scale painting to completed colored version   Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:33 pm

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Gray scale painting to completed colored version   Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:51 am

This turned out really well, Judy! The atomizer (?) could use a bit of the blue that is in the background, so it feels more connected to the other 2 elements. I love the highlight on the mushroom, and the candle is really really good!!

PostSubject: Re: Gray scale painting to completed colored version   Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:58 am

Thanks for the suggestion. Alan. I had put a small amount near the base, but I can see that if I added some in other areas, it would really help. I knew there was something not quite right but couldn't figure it out. I think you identified it, perfectly. I think it may also benefit from a touch of red and green as if reflecting the candle. I'll see how it comes out and re-post it.

Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Gray scale painting to completed colored version   Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:01 pm

You did a beautiful job with this! I agree that some of the other color ought to be in the atomizer as it looks a bit disconnected as it is now.

Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Gray scale painting to completed colored version   Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:51 am

Here's the revised version. I added reflections of the bucket into the atomizer along with more blue (hard to see) and some of the oranges of the cookie jar. I also added some of the brass color from the atomizer onto the cookie jar. I think it feels better now, more united. Thanks for the suggestion alan and Jan.

Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Gray scale painting to completed colored version   Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Gray scale painting to completed colored version   Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:50 pm

This is wonderful, Judy! Adding the color really unified it all and gave the atomizer so much more personality . The mushroom pottery and the candle holder are especially well done too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gray scale painting to completed colored version   

Back to top Go down

Gray scale painting to completed colored version
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1