A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:01 am

Alright Guys, Here is the sequel to the Cup-O-Nuts. I gotta admit, if you want to give a shiny white object a really refined look, it has to be done very very very very carefully, a little poluted brush and argghh!!!... anyhow, please don't hold back, your comments are very valuable.

This time I have added a slightly more orangish/brownish variety of Acorn that my little girl picked up and gave to me... and so I have added it to the mix...

Size: 5" x 7"

Time Taken: 6hours (Yes!)

Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:31 am

Yes! Indeed! I think you've nailed it this time. I like the colors in the cup, the background color and the acorns are perfectly colored.

Just curious since you mentioned this one took 6 hours - how long does one of these usually take you?
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:12 pm

Thank Jan,

My setup are usually very simple, so it takes a few hours. This one probably took 6-7 hours. I took a few breaks through out the day while working on this (even went to the mall). Now that I put Clove Oil, I don't care about things drying up.

Faisal

Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:36 pm

Looks as if we're both doing some revising! I hope my clove oil gets here soon as my paints seem to dry really fast on the palette. It must really work if you can go to the mall while working on a painting!
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:28 pm

This is fantastic. The cup looks shinier, I think because you added lighter highlights to it. Love the red reflections in the white cup. The acorns are a lot more realistic and I like the added touch of some of them outside the cup. You sure to learn fast.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks Crystal... Smile. Your appreciation is appreciated... Smile

Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:40 am

This looks great. Just adding slight touches of reflected color into the white gives it so much more life and interest. I really like it.
Judy

judy-filarecki.artistwebsites.com***filarecki.com ***judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks Judy... Smile

Back to top Go down
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 pm

I like this one too! It combines the comments we made last time around. The viewpoint allows us to see into the container at the interesting textures and such. The red is fun too! Bravo!!

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 am

Yes! The feedback definetly helps... Thank you Allan and all for your help.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)   

Back to top Go down

53rd Painting, Version 2: Faisal Versus the Cup-O-Nuts (The Sequel)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1