Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

September Morning 1 plein air, sort of

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

September Morning 1 plein air, sort of Empty
PostSubject: September Morning 1 plein air, sort of   September Morning 1 plein air, sort of EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:28 pm

I'll post the oil sketch I did this morning. It is plein air, as it was painted on site. But it is more impressionistic than real, so not purely a result of what was there. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: September Morning 1 plein air, sort of   September Morning 1 plein air, sort of EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:32 pm

September Morning 1 plein air, sort of SeptMorning1smfb

6" x 6" WSO sketch on gessoed MDF board. I set up in a local park, painted the scene, and didn't like it. So I wiped it around, and started again. Same thing, same wipe. So this is the third version, more impressionistic than real. Had fun though, and plan to do more. I used Artisan paints, Titan White, Yellow, Sap Green, Fr Ultramarine Blue, Raw Umber, Crimson, one or two brushes. The sienna background was from the panel's previous life as a 'life session panel'.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: September Morning 1 plein air, sort of   September Morning 1 plein air, sort of EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 5:06 pm

I really like the colors. I'm more into impressionist work than realistic. Glad that you had fun with it.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: September Morning 1 plein air, sort of   September Morning 1 plein air, sort of EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 8:37 pm

Thanks Crystal! Looking at it here on the Forum, I am amused at how different it is from anything else I have ever painted. Who knew? Who shall I channel next, ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: September Morning 1 plein air, sort of   September Morning 1 plein air, sort of Empty

Back to top Go down

September Morning 1 plein air, sort of
Page 1 of 1