Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose Empty
PostSubject: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Please see post below.

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Here is your good old simple still life. Nothing much to say. I think I should have given a little room on all the sides, to close to the edges.

Size: 6" x 8"
Time: 3hours.

Feel free to give me your feedback. No holding back.. Smile

Sigh!!!... what has happened to this website... Sad I messed up once and look at how many attempts it took to get this done...

Last edited by ftariqtx on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 9:27 pm

[url=67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose Rose_p12]
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: 2nd attempt at posting... different picture and slightly modified painting...    67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 10:41 am

Ok! here is another attempt... I have fixed the painting and changed the lighting condition a little bit... It makes you wonder what is real anymore... the light makes so much difference... Oh! well

[img]67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose Rosein10[/img]
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Light is what it's all about in painting and the change you made in the lighting here, absolutely made the painting! That rose is just fabulous and so is the pitcher.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks Jan,... However, I think you misunderstood, or should I say I did not explain clearly, I did make some adjustments to the painting... "BUT" the lighting condition in which I snapped the painting changed... i.e. warm light for the picture below and cool light for the picture on the top... The actual painting was somewhere in the middle. So, I did not make a dramatic change to the painting. My kids are saying that the painting came out better than the photograph. and i think I will agree with them...
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 4:50 pm

You always amaze me at how you developed texture in the vase. I love the rose, too
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks Judy... Smile
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:00 am

I understand. Things look very different in different lights, don't they?
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 8:11 pm

Yup... agreed Jan.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Faisal, I love the pitcher, it looks incredibly real. The 'painted' motif on itlooks painted, which is amusing of course, since Everything In the Painting is painted anyway Smile
The rose is fine too. The lighting on the dark side of the pitcher is a bit dark so the handle does not show much, but this again could be from photo lighting. Nice to see you are having a chance to paint again!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:46 pm

Thanks Alan for the feedback... Always great to have feedback from everybody... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose   67th Painting:  Pitcher and the Rose Empty

Back to top Go down

67th Painting: Pitcher and the Rose
Page 1 of 1