Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Painting #74: Painting a Master #3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Painting #74: Painting a Master #3 Empty
PostSubject: Painting #74: Painting a Master #3   Painting #74: Painting a Master #3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Please see below for the painting
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #74: Painting a Master #3   Painting #74: Painting a Master #3 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Hello All,

Here is another copy of Kevin Macphersons painting. Learnt a lot from it, the most important being "art by suggestion".

I can hardly wait to try my newly understood perspective of landscape painting out in the field. However it has been very icy for the past three days in Dallas, the roads are treacherous. I will head out soon, when the weather improves for a plain air session.

Guess what? I did this on a gessoed panel! Can you believe this? I have finally figured out how to do alla-prima on both Linen and panels. I think I will write a how to use a WSO on my blog soon. I don't think people should struggle like I did.

Size: 4"x4", Time taken 2-3hours.

(PLEASE DO NOT COPY THE WORK OF OTHER ARTISTS TO SELL, IT IS ILLEGAL AND IMMORAL)

Painting #74: Painting a Master #3 Copyin10
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Painting #74: Painting a Master #3   Painting #74: Painting a Master #3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 6:33 am

Another good one! I do hope you post a tutorial on your blog - please let us know when you do!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #74: Painting a Master #3   Painting #74: Painting a Master #3 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanks Jan,… and I thank Kevin Macpherson… Smile

I will off course let everyone know when I have a tutorial ready on my blog. I don't think what I have to say is something new… and most of you would probably scoff at it…. but I think it is time that there is something out there that starts from the atomic level on water soluble oil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting #74: Painting a Master #3   Painting #74: Painting a Master #3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting #74: Painting a Master #3
Page 1 of 1