Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig Empty
PostSubject: 8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig   8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Hi All,

I bought this from Garden-Ridge. This looks like it is hand carved, the red top has light bumps and is somewhat uneven giving it a very nice character. I really don't know what it is? Is it a vase?

What have I learnt so far? I am probably preaching to the choir, but I am beginning to see that if your value is off, the picture looks bad and unconvincing. Chroma comes in second, but I am noticing that one can get by with it most of the time and most untrained eye will overlook it. Hue, I would say matters the least and one should not fuss too much over it. I have done some Munsell color cube paintings and I think they are good and helpful. Still had a few touch up to take care off... but what the heck... here it is...

Took 2 hours to complete. 6X8 painting.

8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig Thinga12
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig   8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 11:31 am

This is great. I think your experience in black and white have made you very sensitive to the value levels on each object...so much so that the observer can see and feel the gloss of the object and the slight fluctuation you described in the top.

Judy
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: 8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig   8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 12:40 pm

Thanks Judy. It is good to hear that you saw what I was intending to show... Smile. More stuff on its way down the road... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig   8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig Empty

Back to top Go down

8th painting: Hand Carved Thing-a-ma-Jig
Page 1 of 1