Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)? Empty
PostSubject: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)? EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I have built a shadow box, to get some nice drama of light, and once again raided my wife's kitchen and came up with this cream dispenser. I like the nice curviness of this object.... very feminine and voluptuous.

This time I pre-mixed all the value from white, black and brown, before painting this one. This way I was prepared to correct any mistakes I made.

I need a better camera setup,.. I PodTouch camera is not ideal for this... I think the painting is better than the photograph.

I am thinking of starting a blog and keep a progress report of my improvement... like so many other people I have seen on the net.

This is 6x8 and took 3 hours... Still need speed and more decisive in the paint I put down.

Blending can be a challenge. I think I will just spend some time doing blending exercises. Anyone know of a good exercise to become better at blending?

M. Ghalib.

5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)? Creame10
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Just practice, practice, and more practice.

I think the creamer is terrific. I love the light touches of browns mixing with the gray tones. Your reflected light from the ceiling and on the handle are excellent. All you skills in drawing come through in each of the paintings you submit.

Judy
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks Judy for the encouragement. Very Happy

However, I struggle with blending. It is not the same as in pastel. I easily pollute my paint and have to be sooooooo careful, that it is un-nerving. There has to be some good way. But like you said, practice practice and more practice is what I need....

Take Care
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 am

Great painting! For blending try laying colors side by side and blending the edges together. Be fearless and try different things. Grab some canvas pads with the goal to practice, not to create a painting.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)? EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks Janet... will do... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?   5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)? Empty

Back to top Go down

5th Painting: The Cream Dispenser (or is it a gravy dispenser)?
Page 1 of 1