Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General Chat October 2011

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

General Chat October 2011 Empty
PostSubject: General Chat October 2011   General Chat October 2011 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:17 pm

October is a definite turning point here in Cody. The irrigation water gets turned off, so soon the ground will really harden up. This means the garden has to be cleaned up before that happens. Finally the raw water residue on some of the windows can be cleaned off with hopes of the glass staying clean for awhile. (In Cody, the wind sends spray from the sprinklers way beyond their normal reach.) For a month or so both the lawn mowing and snow removal stuff has to be ready. When the cold weather finally settles in (looks like that will be late this year), then the garage and shed can be rearranged for the long winter season and we can move around without tripping over something. It is both a time to make changes and a time to wait.

It's also well past time to have art work plans for 2012 firmed up, but of course that's not all done yet Smile. However, I'm sure everyone else has taken care of this long ago WinkShockedLaughing??
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: General Chat October 2011   General Chat October 2011 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Sounds like you have some busy time ahead with the changes of season. I avoid that by traveling from the north east to the south west every spring and fall.

I had a very easy trip this year so that made me very happy. I see everyone has been busy here on the forum while I was gone, and that is great. Today I welcome as many of the new members as I came across. so glad you are all here.

I'm afraid that I'm going to be too busy for painting or being very active on the forum over the next several months. My 43 year old son has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and begins chemo this Tuesday. I only live 10 miles away so I'll be busy helping out with my 10 year old grandson and 8 year old granddaughter or just pitching in where needed.

I'll still pop in as I can. I enjoy the friendship and helpfulness of all the members of the forum, so I want to keep in touch.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: General Chat October 2011   General Chat October 2011 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Oh Judy, my prayers are with you and your son. I know this is such a difficult thing to go through. Do keep in touch. All my best to you both.

Glad your trip wasn't too bad this time.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat October 2011   General Chat October 2011 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Thank you Dayle. All prayers are gladly accepted.

judy
Back to top Go down
Jim
Jim

Location Location : Cody, Wyoming

PostSubject: Re: General Chat October 2011   General Chat October 2011 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:06 pm

Judy, my wife and I have you all in our thoughts and prayers. And I second Dayle, we do want to hear from you as you can.

Jim
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat October 2011   General Chat October 2011 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:44 pm

Thank you both. Today is a catch up day for me. Chemo doesn't start until Thursday so I have a few days of spare time.
Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Chat October 2011   General Chat October 2011 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi Judy;
I have been away from the forum for awhile, with a change in jobs, and a few other events, and just now getting back to the forum. So sorry to hear of your son's health issues. My best thoughts to him, to you and family as he undergoes treatment.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: General Chat October 2011   General Chat October 2011 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:08 pm

Thank you Alan and all of you who have responded. My son Jim, has had 3 chemo treatments so far and now has a week off before the next set. He has tolerated them very well so far with a few days of fatigue being the worst of it.

Saturday he and his wife and two children, 10 and 8 years old, went for a 6 mile bike ride on the bike path, so he was really happy with that. The oncologist had said that he would have to stop bike riding because is stimulates a stress hormone that promotes more cancer growth. He had a second opinion last week at the Mayo clinic and they felt recreational bike riding is fine.

He also does a lot of woodworking as a hobby and is afraid he might have to quit that for a while because one of the drugs can cause neuropathy in the hands. I told him that he should continue with it as long as he feels safe doing it. He was starting to get depressed that all his stress relieving hobbies were going to be taken away from him.

He has a lot of pressure at work so he needs these stress relievers. They have been very understanding at work so that has helped. He can do a lot of his work at home since he does a lot of research, grant writing and publishing of research papers in optical sciences at the University.

Tonight is trick or treating so we are all going out as a family with a group of their friends to scour the neighborhood for goodies. It should be fun. I'm taking my new camera to get lots of pictures.

Thank you all.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat October 2011   General Chat October 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat October 2011
Page 1 of 1