Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A great smelling palette.....inspiring!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joanieART

joanieART

Location Location : Santa Rosa, CA

A great smelling palette.....inspiring! Empty
PostSubject: A great smelling palette.....inspiring!   A great smelling palette.....inspiring! EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:35 pm

I read somewhere recently that a cotton puff with clove oil inside one's palette will make the paints last longer.

May be true, but that particular essential oil did not agree with me, and honestly did not notice longer drying time....

BUT, what was cool was to have a scent upon opening one's palette.

I use a sheet cake pan with a tight fitting lid, its replaced my masterson wrestling match lids (!) and decided, what the heck, get a scent i love....and that inspires me. So now in my little metal duo cup, i have my medium in one, and a cotton puff with ah, lavender essential oil drops on a cotton puff.....and it is divine! 2-3 drops is all you need, and replenish weekly. My large bottle should last a year or more..... so you may want to try "aromatizing" your palette with a scent that you just love. See if some new muses decide to visit... : )

Joanie
http://www.ARTfortheSOULofit.com
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

A great smelling palette.....inspiring! Empty
PostSubject: Re: A great smelling palette.....inspiring!   A great smelling palette.....inspiring! EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Sounds like a fun idea.
Judy
Back to top Go down

A great smelling palette.....inspiring!
Page 1 of 1