Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Painting #83: How about a bath…?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Painting #83: How about a bath…? Empty
PostSubject: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Please see below for posts

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyMon Apr 14, 2014 11:37 pm

I meant a brush bath.  You don't want to go dunking in Gamsol.  

This is what separates WSO from traditional oil, hence this subject.

As always go for it… let's hear what y'all have to say… Smile

Painting #83: How about a bath…? Brush_10
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 12:51 am

There were a few minor things that were bugging me about the bottom of the can. So I made some adjustments to it.

Painting #83: How about a bath…? Brush_13
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 5:48 am

No crit from me - well done!

Does Gamsol smell?
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 7:24 am

wowee, I have compliments galore for this one, Faisal.
When is your show? Smile

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:37 pm

Thanks Alan,… You are giving me a big head now… Smile

Faisal
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 11:11 pm

Jan, Gamsol has no smell. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks for the information. What's next on the easel?
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Oh! nothing Jan.

Actually, I am taking a One day workshop by Kelli Folsom http://www.kellifolsom.com (Check her out, she is very good) in Oklahoma City on Saturday. I will be waking up at 5:00am to drive up to Oklahoma City because the workshop starts at 9:00am. I like it for several reasons, It is one day. It is at a driving distance (3hours) and it is only $60.00 and she paints on gessoed panel, something I want to see how people do with so much success.

Faisal
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:26 am

I had this message almost finished and hit a wrong key and wiped it out! So briefly:

Please tell us all about the workshop! I've never taken one so want to know what you learn and think about it.

Re: traveling with paint supplies from another thread, have you ever considered watercolor crayons and maybe a water brush? We travel by car now because of our little dog but you can't beat them for ease when traveling by plane. I have everything but my paper in a kid's school pencil bag. The crayons came in a metal tin and I can use it to mix colors if need be. Mostly I just layer color then wet to blend on the paper but sometimes I wet the crayon (as if it were a pan color) or pick off pieces of the crayon and mix colors in the lid of the tin.

I have the cheaper Stadtler crayons and some watercolor pencils that I got several years ago but now almost every company that makes paint has a line of these crayons:
http://www.dickblick.com/categories/crayons/

and the water brushes:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/sakura-koi-water-brush/

http://www.dickblick.com/products/aqua-flow-brush-set/

Anyway, just a thought for you.

Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 am

Oh, look for the Caran D'Ache video at the bottom of the page on the Dick Blick website for the crayons. That video explains a lot of the way they work and I'm sure there are other videos on You Tube.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Jan,

Yes! most certainly will tell you about the workshop. I attended one in Dallas by Anna Rose Bain (Check out her figure and portraits, she is awesome). It is always fantastic to meet with like minded people.

Thanks for sharing the info above,.. I will look into it.

Thanks

Faisal
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:34 am

The Workshop in Oklahoma with Kelli Folsom was great. She is quite accomplished. I am planning to take one of her still-life 1-day workshop in May as well. Check her on the web.

Faisal
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:57 am

I did check her out - you're very fortunate to have been able to take the workshop and to be able to attend another on next month!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting #83: How about a bath…?   Painting #83: How about a bath…? Empty

Back to top Go down

Painting #83: How about a bath…?
Page 1 of 1