Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! Empty
PostSubject: 54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!   54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 11:06 pm

Well these are called Lucky Bamboo, for those of you who do not know. I got it from our local pharmacy. This was only $2.00 and Worth every penny. I had fun painting this.

Also, I am finally at a point, where I am one with my art material. My biggest struggle all of last year was taming my canvas, and tackiness of pigment. I am finally setlling down with Raymar Canvas, and Holbein Aqua Duo. Boy what a fight I had. Raymar Canvas has the texture that is just smooth and my paint just goes on it with such ease... I absolutely love the surface.

Anyhow as usual, please provide your feedback and no holding back... Smile. The dark green spot on the top left leaf is just in the photograph and does not look that jarring in the real painting.

Size: approx 5" x 7"
Time Taken: Around 4 hours cumulative.

54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! Lucky_12
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: 54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!   54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:54 pm

Very, very nice! The texture on the vase is super - I like the way you've shaded the indentations too.

If I really had to find something - I would say that the closeness to the top and bottom bother me but that really is nit-picking.

We got some of that Lucky Bamboo several years ago & it's gone wild! We keep having to cut it back and re-root it! Have fun with yours - it makes a great painting!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!   54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Ah! Thanks Jan... Thank you for the feedback and complement. It is appreciated... Smile

Yes! I was trying to cover the whole space of my painting. But you are right! I should have given it more space at the bottom and top.

So the lesson of the day for me is to leave the Lucky Bamboo in the vase and not to plant it in my yard... Smile
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: 54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!   54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:33 pm

Faisal, I admire this one a lot, and agree with Jan that a bit more 'air' around the subject would have been good.

I know you painted this from life, but I have a tendency to take photos like this, cropped very close to the subject. Then I find myself in the studio later, muttering to my 'photographer self' to shoot wider, include more background. I do try to get along with myself!

Looking forward to your 55!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!   54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks for your comment and encouragement Alan... Smile

Faisal
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: 54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!   54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 9:18 pm

This work is really stunning Faisal.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!   54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! EmptyWed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 pm

I love it. I'm glad that you finally feel at ease with your paints and have found a canvas that you really like.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!   54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks guys... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!   54th Painting:  Do you feel lucky... Do ya! Empty

Back to top Go down

54th Painting: Do you feel lucky... Do ya!
Page 1 of 1