Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

St George Gorge - working title

Go down 
+7
Crystal1
Sofie
Linus
Callie
judyfilarecki
Janet
Dale
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

St George Gorge - working title Empty
PostSubject: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:05 am

[img]https://watersolubleoils.forumotion.com/St George Gorge - working title Img_0510[/img]I am not quite finished my Dory's painting but now have my next subjecy and thought I would post it here. we took a long drive a long the coast on Sunday and got some great paintings of boats. But this subject is very sellable at the April sale. I think I may set up my easel and work on it at the sale.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 7:28 am

What a beautiful reference. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:09 am

Great photo. And I thought my water falls was going to be a challenge. Good luck. I'll be anxious to see how you progress with this one.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 2:54 pm

I want to move there right now! Looking forward to 'watching" you paint this one St George Gorge - working title Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:23 pm

[img]https://watersolubleoils.forumotion.com/works-in-progress-f7/St George Gorge - working title St_geo10
[/img]
This is where I ended up after working on the painting at the art show plus one evening. Not sure if I can finish it before I leave for England or not.
Back to top Go down
Linus

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Very nice Dale, beautiful scene. Will be great.
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:58 pm

You got a lot of work done! It's going to be really beautiful when you are finished, Dale. Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:14 pm

It is progressing beautifully. I'm starting to appreciate the benefit of value under paintings like you have done here. It really looks good.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:14 am

Dale, your painting is looking fantastic! I'm always amazed at the detail and depth in your paintings. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:47 am

[img]https://watersolubleoils.forumotion.com/works-in-progress-f7/St George Gorge - working title St_geo11[/img]Here is the latest. I have some more to do but would love some critique.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:20 am

Dale: Wow!! At first I thought your picture was the photograph you were working from. But actually I think your painting has a better use of colors. Congratulations.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Are the greens as strong as they will be or is that still in the process. In the photo, they seem to balance the brick of the building so beautifully. it is coming along really great though. You've really got the water rolling.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyMon May 31, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks everyone. Some of the greens need to be darkened and some lightened but not too much. My difficult area is the right foreground rock - how to make them look substantial without making them too detailed as they are not the focal point.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 8:35 am

Wow! I agree looks like a photo just better. The colors are great and I love the mist in the background. Great depth and attention to detail. Everything looks perfect! Smile
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 9:37 am

You have such a talent for water! Beautiful painting St George Gorge - working title 120968
Maybe you should do some "how to paint water" demos on your blog St George Gorge - working title Icon_wink (and here, too!)
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:44 am

Gee - thanks for the great comments. I have a goal to be able to paint water the way I want to and I like your idea of doing a demo. Once I get a few more paintings under my belt, I might just do that.
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 5:03 am

Your water is excellently done! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:58 am

[img]https://watersolubleoils.forumotion.com/works-in-progress-f7/St George Gorge - working title St_geo12[/img]I stayed up till 2 am trying to get this finished. I left the bottom corner deliberately vague so I can sign there.

I would appreciate some nit-picking so I can finish this up.
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:26 am

Beautiful - I would love to see it in person, it just looks wonderful.
Staying up late is also where I find myself...just get lost in painting and no disturbances - time flys.
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks Dana. I think I am ready to sign my name and sell this one.
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Dale, if I weren't so broke, I'd tell you to send it my way - I could look at this every day - love it! St George Gorge - working title Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Wow - great. Is it hard to part with it?
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 4:00 am

Dale I'm sorry to be coming in late on this one. It looks great. I do have one comment though. The perpendicular of the right wall of the building appears to be off. If I am right when it is put in a frame the deviation will be magnified. If I am wrong, my apologies.
It is a brilliant bit of work though and you might have purchasers fighting over it.
Best wishes
Jack
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:56 am

cheers Fantastic painting! I think it looks perfect! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:17 am

Hey Kopo - I have been trying to fix that wonky wall for days.I am not sure if it is just the concrete foundation or the wall. Will check this again.

Not this is not hard to part with. I never have a problem parting with any of my paintings. Its like doing jigsaw puzzles for me - as soon as I get the last piece in, I tear the whole this apart.

I am going to have my daughter (a professional photographer) take a photo of this one and I will look into getting prints made.

Thanks for all your comments. If you want - you can move this to completed paintings forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St George Gorge - working title   St George Gorge - working title Empty

Back to top Go down

St George Gorge - working title
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next