Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you working on?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

What are you working on? Empty
PostSubject: What are you working on?   What are you working on? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 5:56 pm

This is a general "all participants" question.
New or old, new member or long time members.
Lurkers and active members:

What are you working on?
What painting do you have on the easel, or what painting skill are you pursuing?

Bonus points for photos!

Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   What are you working on? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:13 pm

Hi Alan,
I have to admit I haven't worked on too much WS Oil in the past few months except for teaching at a local art store. I've been busy digital art using Corel Painter 12. It is just like painting with oils, or other mediums if you want, except you are painting with a stylus on a Wacom palette. You control the shape of the brush, the amount of paint loaded on it and so much more, it is almost unbelievable. The best thing for me is that I am not plagued with allergies, clean up and transporting paints between my two homes.

What are you working on? Higley10

This is the one I just finished. The detailed leaves near the front are from a brush I designed specifically for leaves. I can change the width, angle, and color blend at will. This was mainly done with buttery oils which are very fluid, blend easily depending on how much pressure I put on the stylus. I can also control how much paint is on the brush just as if it were real paints.

I've been taking a course with Digital Art Academy online for the Holidays and one of the assignments was to make some Holiday Cards. Here's the one I did. I plan on sending this out for the Holidays. I rarely mail cards anymore, but this is perfect for e-mail. While I'm at it, here is an early wish for all of you.

What are you working on? Wreath10

That's what I've been up to. I still haven't put my real easel away or my paints so one day I'll get busy with them again.

Happy Holidays,

Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   What are you working on? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:16 pm

Judy, that's fantastic. I am so glad you are still creating. The water and leaves in your image are really good!
I haven't done much in digital, but was always curious about Painter, for example.
Thanks for the early Christmas wishes. Safe travels!

Now, how about everyone else? Are there only 3 of us who post our paintings??
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   What are you working on? EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Nice job Judy... I would like to try the digital media for painting as well... the results look good. I will be busy during the mid of Dec to Mid of January so you won't be seeing any of my paintings for a short period of time.

Come on people, we need more people posting... Surely there are more out there who want to share their creative endeavors in WSO.. Smile

Take Care
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   What are you working on? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Likely to be a bit quiet on my behalf this month too, so I'll just wish you all a happy winter holiday season.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   What are you working on? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:56 am

I have posted my 46th painting and probably the last one for this year . I wish everyone a happy holidays as well. Will probably start posting after the new year.

Take Care

Faisal
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   What are you working on? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Judy, both your fall painting and holiday card are gorgeous. Before we built our house and included some studio space for me, I used Painter to paint with and truly think it helped when I took up traditional painting again.

I apologize for not being here more. After our extended road trip, first me, then my husband came down with some kind of upper respiratory virus. We recently got healthy again but I had coughed so much and so hard that I pulled some muscles and literally could not walk or stand.

I'm finally able to get back to the computer and a little bit of painting although it's been in gouache and not oils for the sake of speed.

Hope to get back to oils again soon but like the rest of you, it will probably be next month!

In the meantime, I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas/holiday season and happy painting in the coming year!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   What are you working on? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear that you both have been under the weather. I hope you feel great in time for the holidays.

I'm having so much fun with Painter and am feeling like I'm actually using real paints. The courses I've been taking just keep getting better and better. I use all the same principles as when I use traditional oils and the Buttery oil brushes the one instructor designed flow just like real paint. I've even begun developing my own brushes for special strokes and I can't believe the control I have been able to achieve.

I'll have to start posting in the digital art section of this forum just so I don't lose touch with all of you. One of these days, I'll repaint one of the digital paintings on canvas like I did with one of my waterfalls painting which is hanging in my kitchen.

Meanwhile, get better and enjoy the holidays and coming new year.

Judy santa
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   What are you working on? EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi Jan,

Ouch! It does not sound good. But glad to hear that you have recovered... Smile

Take Care

Faisal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you working on?   What are you working on? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you working on?
Page 1 of 1