Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brittle Hill progress

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 9:13 am

Thanks Faisal and Crystal! I'll post the link to purchase issue 3 (pdf) once it's released. And now, back to Alan's Learning Curve, October edition Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 7:41 pm

Looking good. It looks and sounds like you are getting quite proficient with the Wacom digital art.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Thanks Judy. It is taking a while to get used to the tablet, but I like it now. I realized that I could swivel the image on the screen, so my hand motions are still natural while I draw curved hair, etc. That made a big difference in allowing me to feel comfortable drawing with a plastic stylus on a piece of plastic Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 7:42 pm

The ability to swivel the image is a definite plus in using the tablet.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 10:03 am

So glad to see you continuing the comic - looking good!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Interview with us about Brittle Hill, first published last weekend in the Saturday edition of a New Brunswick daily paper, the Telegraph Journal:

http://musicnerd.ca/brittle-hill-the-couple-behind-the-comic-book/
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 9:39 pm

We released our third issue of the Brittle Hill comic book on Saturday in Halifax Nova Scotia.
The release coincided with a Science Fiction/Comic Convention that attracts 6000 people over 3 days.

We were invited to share 2 tables for a few hours each, and did an in-store signing too, all in one very busy day.
The comic is available online now, just visit our website page at www.brittlehill.com

Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 PB080003ECCEboothHalConsm
Taking position at about 9am, before the show opened to the ticket holders...

Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 PB080010SAstoresm
A table at Strange Adventures Comic Store in downtown Halifax NS
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Excellent interview. It was fascinating to learn more about how this all came about.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks Judy! I have roughly estimated that it takes 4 days per page to produce this comic book series. A lot more than I would have thought. Fun, creative and hard work, which is, I suppose, no real surprise. Thanks for reading the interview!
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 6:43 pm

I enjoyed the interview also. Anything worth doing requires a lot of work, doesn't it!!!!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi Jan, yes, most people who don't create things don't understand how much work is involved. It's not their fault; they pay a few dollars to watch a movie that cost $200M, or click on a TV show that cost $2M an episode. It's worth explaining the process, so they see what a labour of love it can be to create.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:00 pm

So true Alan...
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Back to drawing the Brittle Hill comic book now, issue 4. My life circumstances have just changed (yet) again so I have time to draw, but I'm not drawing a salary. Tough grind, but I am remaining positive and channeling the angst and ambiance into the art and applications. More later.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:54 am

Sigh!… I hope things improve for you. I know it might be ridiculous to say since I am sitting in Texas. But please let me know if I can be of any assistance…. Anything to help a fellow artist.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:26 pm

Sorry to hear about the change. Why is it whenever things seem to be going really great and you are in exciting times, something always spoils it? I guess life would be very boring without it. Keep the faith.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 1:55 pm

Thank you both for your kind comments. It's times of transition like these when I learn the most about myself and others, the key is to keep 'on the sunny side'.

On the bright side, it was (is) a sunny day, with fresh snow allowing for lots of great outdoor photos. My wife and I went out this morning to do just that, and might hit the second 'golden hour' later today to do more.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 9:53 pm

God bless you, Alan. I'm sure things will work out all the better for you.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 pm

Thanks Crystal. I am also getting back into daily drawing, with the 4th issue of the comic book on my drawing board. It is 'calling to me' Smile
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Oh, Alan, sorry to hear about your new circumstances but being older than you and having a lot more life experience, may I say that sometimes the things that look like the worst thing ever are the things that push us into something far better!

Yep, sometimes it's really uncomfortable and always seems as if things are taking way too much time but just hang in there, keep the positive attitude. I love how you say you learn about yourself in times like these - it's true and being grumpy and ungrateful doesn't change a thing & just slows down the whole process!

Been there - done that (way too many times!!!!)
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:01 pm

Thanks Jan! I appreciate your comments. I am working on a few possibilities now, and taking this period as a pause to reflect. And there is drawing and painting to work on, which give me pleasure and keep me centred.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 P11panel1

A panel from page 11 of the new issue of Brittle Hill, number 4. Now that I am working full time again, my spare time is limited, and I am drawing during evenings and weekends to complete the issue. You can see the scanned pencils underneath the digital inks. From a reference photo I captured during the summer. The work balloon will be opaque in final art stage.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 3:27 pm

So glad you have a regular income again. Yeap, when you don't have the money, then you have plenty of time; and when you do have the money, then not enough time. Best of luck with everything!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi Crystal, yes, time expands and contracts in a weird way. But now, I am learning lots in a new position, and compressing my drawing decision making process to work more quickly. All good, but all different and new. Ah, learning is fascinating at any age.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 6:45 pm

So glad something new has come along for you. Sometimes when we work in one job for too long we get stale and something new come along and we are totally rejuvenated. Change is good, a long as there is a paycheck to help with the change. Best of luck in your new job and with your next issue of Brittle Hill.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 20, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks, Judy. I'm still active in the comic book inking and colouring until Issue 4 is complete. And still attending life drawing sessions, spending 'a minute or two' here and there on a sketch. I can post a few if anyone is interested. Or maybe a few renderings of longer poses, where I am experimenting with pencil crayons and oil pastels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brittle Hill progress   Brittle Hill progress - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brittle Hill progress
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next