Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Preparing for WSO Portrait

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Preparing for WSO Portrait Empty
PostSubject: Preparing for WSO Portrait   Preparing for WSO Portrait EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm

I am getting ready to dabble in WSO Portrait. I will offcourse start with self portraits first.

I doing portraits in Pastel to prime myself for WSO portrait drawing. The ones below were done at Barnes and Noble yesterday (9th April) and today (10th April). I am feeling a lot braver, I will start self portrait in WSO very soon. They will be part of the 100 paintings milestone, I am trying to reach. I was hoping to start Plein Air painting, before the portraits, but every time the weather decided to change on me, foiling my plans.

Both portraits were both done in around half an hour on toned paper, using a limited number of pastel pencils.

April 9th portrait

Preparing for WSO Portrait Pastel10

April 10th portrait

Preparing for WSO Portrait Pastel11
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for WSO Portrait   Preparing for WSO Portrait EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:05 pm

These portraits are very good starts. How did you do portraits at Barnes & Noble? I thought they were just a book store.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for WSO Portrait   Preparing for WSO Portrait EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Very well done for only half an hour - can't wait to see your self portrait in oils!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for WSO Portrait   Preparing for WSO Portrait EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Wow, very good portraits! You are doing extremely well for a half hour portrait. Did you show them to the subjects?
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for WSO Portrait   Preparing for WSO Portrait EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Cyrstal, Barnes and Noble in the Dallas area all have Cafes (Star bucks or something) and have people sitting around. You are from Fort worth, I am sure you have a few B&N that you can check out.

Thanks Jan, these are 6x8 sketches so it did not take too long to do.

Alan- Thanks, No I did not show these to the subjects. I have shown them in the past though, and got good response at the likeness. However, I try to keep a low profile, that way I can continue coming to B&N without people becoming aware of me.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for WSO Portrait   Preparing for WSO Portrait EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Very well done. It will be fun to watch as you transform these pastel sketches into WSO.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for WSO Portrait   Preparing for WSO Portrait EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks Judy. I won't be converting these pastel sketches into WSO. Instead you will be seeing my mug... king
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for WSO Portrait   Preparing for WSO Portrait EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:36 pm

LOL...I can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for WSO Portrait   Preparing for WSO Portrait Empty

Back to top Go down

Preparing for WSO Portrait
Page 1 of 1