Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Calling it Finished

Go down 
+2
ftariqtx
JanG
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

Calling it Finished Empty
PostSubject: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Calling it Finished Tiaref14

I finally finished this. After comparing both the grisaille method and the alla prima method, I'm still not sure which method I like the best. I definitely like the first painting best (the grisaille) but I'm not UNhappy with this one.

If I were to do another grisaille, I would definitely use acrylic paint for the grisaille layer and I might use some sort of drying agent for the layers just to finish it in a reasonable time. Of course, I wasn't very speedy with this painting either!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Very nice!... White flowers are always beautiful... I like how you have used purple and greenish grey in the white... nice.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:33 am

Beautiful flower. I agree I like the colors you used in the petals.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 7:13 pm

I don't know which one I like best either. Both of them are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 am

Thank you, Faisal, Crystal and Janet. I feel I learned a lot with the experiment.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Some nice shading on the petals. White can be tricky (I haven't done much with white yet) so I admire what you have done.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Very well done. I like the way you finished it. Are you going to do any more white flowers, or have you reached your limit?...LOL
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 4:19 am

Thanks, Alan. I think white is very tricky and it seems that every white object needs a different approach and different colors and it's hard to figure out what is needed.

judyfilarecki wrote:
Very well done. I like the way you finished it. Are you going to do any more white flowers, or have you reached your limit?...LOL

LOL, Judy, I'm sure I'll do more but maybe not for a while. I hate letting this white thing beat me!

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh! then don't leave the white alone... You must beat it to submission.... Smile
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Well, since I'm not really a violent person - maybe I'll just say that practice makes perfect!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:47 pm

That will work!... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calling it Finished   Calling it Finished Empty

Back to top Go down

Calling it Finished
Page 1 of 1