Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More figure paintings from same session

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

More figure paintings from same session Empty
PostSubject: More figure paintings from same session   More figure paintings from same session EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:49 am

Why not post some of the other figure sketches I completed on the same day. These are not as successful as the previously posted sketches, but you might get some value from seeing what else I tried. I am always reluctant to show work that I am not happy with, but I do it this time to help us all discuss them if you are interested.

In some cases, the proportions need adjustment, the facial features need development, all possible, but not in the time that ws available.

These paintings were done in either 5, 10 or 15 minutes for main figure, with Artisan WSO full strength on canvas paper or inexpensive stretched canvas, pretinted using same 3 colours.

More figure paintings from same session FigstudyK450out5

More figure paintings from same session FigstudyK450out6

More figure paintings from same session FigstudyK450out4
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: More figure paintings from same session   More figure paintings from same session EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 12:44 pm

I think all of these are worthy of posting - you are just hyper-critical but when you stop to realize how little time you had, even you must admit that they're really good considering!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: More figure paintings from same session   More figure paintings from same session EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Even these that you feel are not as successful, are better than I could ever accomplish in such a short time. I did one painting in an acrylics class years ago from a live model for two hours and I accomplished a women with a very big, out of proportion head.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: More figure paintings from same session   More figure paintings from same session EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks Jan and Judy.

It's fun but challenging to try to paint someone who is standing or sitting in front of you. I just use it as practise in mixing and applying values. I know it will help me some time when I am doing outdoor plein air, or another figure study.

I keep pushing myself a bit, to keep things keen and interesting. But there are sketches I like better than other ones, and the ones I have posted give a clearer picture of my efforts.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: More figure paintings from same session   More figure paintings from same session EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Fantastic!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: More figure paintings from same session   More figure paintings from same session EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:11 pm

Thanks Crystal!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: More figure paintings from same session   More figure paintings from same session EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:37 am

Well, these are gestural paintings... and are just paintings that you are stepping store to what you will become... I say that to myself everytime I make a boo boo...Smile

I think it is good to be critical that is the only way to grow... Having said that.. these are fantastic for the time you have spent on them... I need to start doing these too..
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

PostSubject: Re: More figure paintings from same session   More figure paintings from same session EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks for your comments Faisal. I think it is useful to share our images with each other as we learn together here.
I have kept a couple of my very very first attempts at oils, from 2007. Not to criticize those early attempts, but to stop, smell the roses, and understand how far I have come since then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More figure paintings from same session   More figure paintings from same session Empty

Back to top Go down

More figure paintings from same session
Page 1 of 1