Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playtime Seascape - Revised

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

Playtime Seascape - Revised Empty
PostSubject: Playtime Seascape - Revised   Playtime Seascape - Revised EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Playtime Seascape - Revised Playti10

I revised this and I think I'm a bit happier with it. However, I notice that there are 2 indentations in it - one under the middle bird and the other to the viewer's right of the gold sea oats. I prepared the board myself and I thought I got it very smooth so I'm wondering if the marks are where I stopped/started with my brush during painting. Has anyone had this happen and what can I do to fix it?
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Playtime Seascape - Revised   Playtime Seascape - Revised EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 9:07 pm

I love it... even better.... Now the distant stuff is soft... Smile

(I don't think I understood your concern about the indentation).

Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Playtime Seascape - Revised   Playtime Seascape - Revised EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:55 am

The slight change to the ripples made it perfect. I see what appears to be an orange brush stroke under the middle bird, but that might just be the camera picking up a difference.

The one thing we as artist ofter forget is that art is to be looked at from a distance. The slight flaws that only we see are not visible to the admirer unless they are like my best friend who always magnifies my paintings on his computer to look at every brush stroke.

Stand back and see if it detracts from the painting or have someone else loo at it without telling him anything about your concern/

Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Playtime Seascape - Revised   Playtime Seascape - Revised EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 pm

I have seen indentations in canvas only in rare examples, such as the scratch and dent sales at the art store. Even rarer with board. Not sure what yours is caused by, unless it got bumped? But it is unlikely to make anyone concerned.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Playtime Seascape - Revised   Playtime Seascape - Revised EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks for the help with those indentations - I guess I notice them more than anyone else would but haven't asked my husband if he notices them. Guess I'll just live with them unless I can think of a way to fix them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playtime Seascape - Revised   Playtime Seascape - Revised Empty

Back to top Go down

Playtime Seascape - Revised
Page 1 of 1