Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just Introducing Myself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
seashell

Just Introducing Myself Empty
PostSubject: Just Introducing Myself   Just Introducing Myself EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Hi, I just found this forum today. I've used water soluble oils in the past but gave them up for regular oils. I've never figured out a really easy and non-toxic way to clean up after conventional oils so I'm reconsidering. I have the book, Painting with Water Soluble Oils, and it suggests some solutions to some of my previous complaints. I have Duo Aqua oils and today I tried to mix some of my paint with W&N Artisan fast drying medium and the medium didn't mix into the oils at all. Everything just gumed up. I'm wondering if W&N Artisan medium is only to be used with W&N Artisan water soluble oils and no other brands. Hate to throw the bottle out but it seems to be useless. It's great to find this forum and I hope we can help each other out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Just Introducing Myself   Just Introducing Myself EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Glad you have joined us. I never use fast drying medium but I have uses W/N thinner with several brands of paint without problem. Perhaps others in the forum will have an answer for you. I love the Duo Aqua oils, BTW.

Hope you take the time to browse and share some of your experiences.

Judy
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Just Introducing Myself   Just Introducing Myself EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:29 am

Welcome Seashell,

Duo Aqua Oils are the best. I have not tried using fast drying medium. Let's see if someone else can add something to your question.

If you are using Duo Aqua with Walnut oil, then please do ask, I would gladly give you pointers and what to do and what to avoid. But nothing can beat trying it for yourself.

Good Luck! and we would love to see some of your work.

Faisal
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Just Introducing Myself   Just Introducing Myself EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:12 am

Welcome from me too. And, unfortunately, I can't answer your question either as I've never tried the fast drying medium. I use both the Aqua Oils and Lukas Berlins and am just now figuring out how to work with the WSOs. I hope you find a solution to working with the medium soon.

I'd like to see some of your paintings also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Introducing Myself   Just Introducing Myself Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Introducing Myself
Page 1 of 1