Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eternal embrace

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 pm

In progress. 30" x 40" first stage

Eternal embrace ProgRocks3_MG_1126
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 2:38 pm

For the first stage, it is all ready beautiful. can't wait to see the progression.

Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 9:14 pm

Thanks Judy. I decided to show this one at first stage, but I backed away from the easel further than usual to show the whole scene around the painting: the studio area I work in, concrete floor and all.

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:50 am

Another beautiful delight. Please provide me a closeup. I want to see it zoomed in. Also, what happened to the previous one that you had started. Smile
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 pm

I'll be working on this one some more soon, so I will have an updated photo soon too. With any luck, this weekend.
The previous painting is off the easel this week (I am so fickle) but back on the easel soon. I just felt like roughing in another painting rather than going further with that one (Sentinel) yet.
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Eternal embrace EternalKissprog2sm450_1130

Here is a closer photo of the second stage of the painting. I changed the name to 'Eternal Kiss'.
I had a chance to put 5 or 6 more hours of work into this painting during the weekend. It takes so much paint to work big!

More to do on the tops of the rocks, where full grown trees are. (to give you an idea of scale, the little blue smudge that you can see the mid centre of the painting, in the opening between the 2 rocks is a person. So, trees, some additional cleanup and repainting the sky again to clean up the edges.

Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Alan,

This is almost photo-realistic!!! you should be able to sell your "rock series" like hot cakes. I am truly impressed. Your values, chroma, harmony etc are just right in place.

My mind is not struggling to make it look pretty... The beauty is coming from the painting.. Do you understand what I mean?

Very Professional indeed!...

Faisal
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:19 pm

This is so outstanding just as it is. The texture of the rocks make me feel like I want to be the person in the middle. Do you thing that putting the full grown trees on top of the rocks might pull you out of the painting? Right now I am totally drawn into the rocks and to the person that makes me appreciate the massiveness of the rocks.

Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Thank you Faisal and Judy for the comments. The trees will go on (the show must go on!) but they do fit in well, not distracting. Fairly small elements and kind of an interesting detail.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 pm

I am seeing a dramatic improvement in your work... Wow!

Can't wait to see the completed version. Please put a large version of it so that I can zoom in and see (Don't forget to water mark it).

Thanks

Faisal
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 11:15 pm

This is just great! You larger paintings are becoming so interesting. Love the detail!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Crystal, thanks for your comments.

Here is the latest progress photo. This is now 9 hours in, after an extended session today. My my it is a physical act to paint big.

From here, I suppose I will see a few things to correct, then I will paint the sky over again, as it is a bit thin, and there are a few spots here and there in the sky that need the second layer.

Eternal embrace Sentinelprog4sm450_zps52316d20
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Absolutely breath taking. I feel the strength of the rock. Wow! very effortless viewing... Smile
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 9:03 pm

Thanks Faisal.
I have just checked in, a bit refreshed with rest, and realize I posted this one in the wrong place.
It should be on the 'Sentinel' progress page. Oh, I am so mixed up these days. I will leave it up the moderator if she wishes to move it.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm

You can leave it hear. It's been a while since I moved things around and I don't want to lose such a great painting. As Faisal said, the strength of this rock just radiates out from the painting. Very nice.
Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks for the comments Judy. It is interesting to see it posted on the Forum, where I can see the progress made between sessions. Well usually, when I place it on the right page, haha
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:54 pm

This is looking really good. I'm on the short side myself & can't imagine having to stretch to paint this!
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks Jan. When the painting looks like a tall one, I just adjust the easel down. I have enough to concentrate on, I want the standing and reaching part of the process to be natural.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 1:03 am

Alan,

You can post it again on the right page. I'm sure no one will object. LOL

Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Here is an update on Eternal Kiss. (the rocks on the left of the photo look kind of bright green, but that is just from the lamp that was next to the canvas.)
I added trees/shrubs in the mid rock, but not content with them yet. New sky, more detail in the little rock in mid foreground, and more detail on the figure. More to go before finishing.

Eternal embrace EternalKissprog3sm450
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:52 pm

This looks great!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:01 am

What can I say... I have exhausted my vocabulary... and I don't want to sound repetitious... The quality of your work speaks for itself...
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks to you both for your comments. We're all here for the right reasons: to share our good painting days, bad painting days and overall progress. There is always so much more to learn. And that's a good thing:)
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:50 pm

I love how it is progressing. Great job.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eternal embrace Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eternal embrace   Eternal embrace Empty

Back to top Go down

Eternal embrace
Page 1 of 1