Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Upstate NY

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jojomacm

jojomacm

Location Location : Upstate NY

Hi from Upstate NY Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Upstate NY   Hi from Upstate NY EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi to whomever reads this Smile

I am new to Water Soluble Oils- just got my first Holbein starter set and am looking forward to testing them out.

I discovered the artist in me when I was about 17. I knew that I could draw, but I didn't recognize that art was a passion til I had a lull in life that left me with time to draw all over my bedroom walls. It was like I became possessed by drawing/painting at that time.

Fast forward to now - I have periods where I don't paint at all, only to suddenly have moments when painting (hardly draw with charcoal anymore) is all I ever think about.

I mostly use oils and dabble with water color. Due to an illness, I can no longer use turps. So I water colored for awhile, but missed the flexibility I had with oils. Then I discover water soluble oils are in existence cheers. I sat on that for a couple of years (life can get so hectic that I don't get to have painting time) and finally this year, I said to myself, "It's time to get them now."

So, here I am. I have stalked this forum for a few months, learning a few tips and tricks. I thank whomever brought it into existence and its members as the info has been invaluable! I look forward to the experience of now being a member myself.

Regards,
jojo
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Hi from Upstate NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Upstate NY   Hi from Upstate NY EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:11 am

Welcome JoJo,

It is good to have you here. You have chosen the right WSO: Holbein, these are awesome and don't get tacky.

Hope to see your paintings soon.

Take Care

Faisal
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

Hi from Upstate NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Upstate NY   Hi from Upstate NY EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Hey jojo! Welcome! I started using the ws oils because of the solvents also but haven't had a real chance to learn them yet.

I got a free set of the Holbein Aqua Oils sometime ago but got to checking and found that many of the colors weren't lightfast so I haven't used them yet. Everyone seems to love the Holbein brand though & I can't wait to see what you do with them!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

Hi from Upstate NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Upstate NY   Hi from Upstate NY EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Unfortunately all the "sets" that are sold are of very poor quality and are not colorfast, that is why they are usually cheap. The good Holbein cost some $$$$, but it is worth it... Smile

As Bob Ross would say... "Happy Paintings... " Smile
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Hi from Upstate NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Upstate NY   Hi from Upstate NY EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:30 pm

jojo, welcome to the forum. This is a friendly and supportive place to show your work and ask questions. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Hi from Upstate NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Upstate NY   Hi from Upstate NY EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Welcome Hi JoJo. So glad you joined us after so many months of looking at the forum. We all try to provide good information and answer questions whenever we can. Feel free to contribute in any area you find interesting or helpful. We look forward to seeing you here more often.
Judy

PS: I'm from upstate NY also, but only in the warm weather. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Upstate NY Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Upstate NY   Hi from Upstate NY Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Upstate NY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: