Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges Empty
PostSubject: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:29 am

Grape Juice and Oranges. The bottle is from the Dollar Store. (The bottle is small that is why the oranges look big). I will paint as many as I can till the bottle pops open after the stuff inside starts fermenting... Smile

Size: 6" x 6"

Time Taken: 4 hours.

All constructive criticism are welcome... Smile

44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges Bottle12
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:33 am

This is fantastic! Almost looks like a photo, but better.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks Crystal.... I think by the time I reach the 100th I will be ready for prime time.

I have lightened the shadow side of the left orange... so here it is after the rework.

Thanks

Faisal Tariq

44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges Bottle14
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Another nice one. The lightening seems to help the orange. I love the shadow that the orange is casting on the bottle!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks Alan... Smile
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm not sure about this one - I do like the way you've painted the oranges & everything - I think it's the composition that niggles at me. Not sure though.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Ah! thank you for your honest feedback... Smile

What would you do to fix the composition?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:23 pm

They must love you at the dollar Store. Do you ever tell them what you are doing with everything you Buy?

Perhaps the painting feels out of balance because the left side feels so much heavier than the right, as if the right orange was just a second thought.

judy
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:26 pm

The people at the checkout keep changing... so no one really recognizes me at the dollar store.

Ah! good feedback Judy... Interestingly enough, I gave it a lot of thought and the imbalance is on purpose, and weirdly enough I like the imbalance, to mimick the real life.

Please keep those feedback coming... I want to learn... Smile
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 5:33 am

I usually like imbalance in a composition also and that's why I didn't mention it but Judy is right in that it feels way heavier on the left. The shadow connects the orange on the right though so that should make it work. To be honest, I'm just not sure what it is. Perhaps the orange on the right is just a tad too far from the rest of the objects?

What about adding another orange behind that one on the right and having it show just a little? Or, what about a bit of orange peel to help connect the objects?

It's definitely not horrible and if you did nothing at all, it's still a really nice painting.
Back to top Go down
JanG

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:10 am

I posted the above but kept thinking about your painting and now I'm back a couple of hours later!

I think it may be the bottle that's bothering me. There seems to be so little space above it that when it's framed, the top of the bottle will "kiss" the edge of the frame. Of course, you may have cropped the photo some for posting so if that's the case, please disregard!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that it finally came to me.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 2:52 pm

These are wonderful feedback Jan. It is making me think... Thank you for taking your time to write your critique... .Smile

This picture has not been cropped. It is what you see. But what you say makes sense...

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges   44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges Empty

Back to top Go down

44th Painting: Bottle & Oranges
Page 1 of 1