Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

36th Painting: Flowers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

36th Painting: Flowers Empty
PostSubject: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:03 pm

This is the first flower painting for me, in color and in oil (I think). Again the setup is in a shadow box and the focus of the light was on the two orange/yellow flowers.

Time Taken: 2hours
Size: 6" x 6"

All feedback are welcome.

36th Painting: Flowers Flower12
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:26 pm

This is pretty good. I find painting flowers to be maddening, so I think you are doing well. I keep wondering how to make flowers look like flowers and not fingers, or french fries, etc. Bravo!
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks Alan, I am going to try a few more flowers and wrestle it down. Need to conquer these things one by one... Smile
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Nice job! Is that a fly?
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 9:10 pm

LOL!... it is not a fly. It is just a dark spot that needs to be toned down a little bit. I know it is distracting a little bit... Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Sorry I've been away so long. I miss all the humor.

It looks like you are off to a good start with your flowers. They definitely can be a challenge, especially if you try to make them exact.

I'm always fascinated by Gary Jenkins when he paints flowers. He is on some PBS stations in different areas of the country. If you ever get a chance, watch him. You'll be amazed at how he paints the most beautiful flowers with a quick stroke here and a quick stroke there. He says if you pause too long to think about, you'll mess it up. I wish I could paint like him.
Judy
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks Judy,

Good to see you back. I will definitely look up Gary Jenkins and see what his work is like.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Flowers are something I would really like to paint well and you're certainly an inspiration with these! Lovely job.

Gary Jenkins is an artist I really admire. He's not on any PBS stations in our area any more but I have some of his books. My only complaint is that sometimes his work all begins to look the same.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks Jan... Smile...

Still have a lot to learn... I will look at Gary Jenkins work next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 36th Painting: Flowers   36th Painting: Flowers Empty

Back to top Go down

36th Painting: Flowers
Page 1 of 1