Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra) Empty
PostSubject: Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra)   Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:30 pm

Finished this one yesterday. Total time 3.25 hours. Ironically I was on this same beach 2 days ago. Ah, summer!
6" x 6" using Cobra Water Mixables. Colours were mixed from Titanium white, Cad Yellow Med, Cad Red Medium, Ultramarine, Raw Umber.
This photo appears a bit blue to me, I should go back and tweak the file. But you get the idea...

Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra) ParleeDuneCobraDune_MG_0474sm400
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra)   Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra) EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Hi Alan,

I am 100% impressed.... WooooooWWWWWWWW!!!! This is awesome. Everything is perfect. Very unbelabored look and almost looks like a photograph. This would sell very easily.

the wave

I love the way you have done the shadows, the sand and the blades of grass... the harmony, the composition everything is superb... MAGNIFIQUE!

I hope to see many more of this caliber.

Faisal
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra)   Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra) EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:50 am

Hi Alan,

Faisal said it all...I especially love the grasses...great colors and form. You can feel them whipping int he wind.
Judy
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra)   Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra) EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I used a longer brush for the grasses. I forget the name of it, but probably the same brush that painters use to indicate ship rigging. Long thin brush....
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra)   Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra) EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:11 am

This is really nice! I'm particularly interested in painting seascapes but have little background in doing so. You make me even more interested in trying one with this painting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra)   Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra) Empty

Back to top Go down

Parlee Beach Dune (Cobra)
Page 1 of 1