Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

26th Painting: A mug shot

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

26th Painting: A mug shot Empty
PostSubject: 26th Painting: A mug shot   26th Painting: A mug shot EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:40 pm

My goal behind this mug was to give it a painterly look. I avoided details (i.e. small brushes) as much as I can, but there were certain parts that screamed at me to use a smaller brush, and I succumbed and did use the small brush but sparingly. I have put in a "suggestion" of the painting details on the mug, without painting anything in detail.

Size: 6x6 (roughly)
Time: 1 hour (roughly, did some chores around the house and then came back several times to it).

26th Painting: A mug shot A_mug11
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: 26th Painting: A mug shot   26th Painting: A mug shot EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:36 pm

It's very hard to stay away from details when you are a detail person. I love the names you come up with for your paintings and the challenges you give yourself. Only you know the real details so not putting them in just lets us imagine what we see . I see a Chinese Pagoda with a bonsai tree next to it.
Judy
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 26th Painting: A mug shot   26th Painting: A mug shot EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi Judy

As far as the names for the the paintings are concerned, I think I have a comedian side to me, except I fear public speaking... Smile

Yes! It is a Chinese Pagoda and sort of a tree, maybe a bonsai. I wanted the focus more on the mug and less on the picture on the mug and also I am trying to get more painterly and restricting small brushes. I like the work of Kevin Macpherson, Scott Burdick, Carol Marine etc and they all use big brushes. lets see where do my efforts take me.... Smile

Take Care

F Tariq
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 26th Painting: A mug shot   26th Painting: A mug shot EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:51 pm

All Constructive Feedbacks are welcome... Smile
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: 26th Painting: A mug shot   26th Painting: A mug shot EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:25 pm

Faisal, the cup is very strong, and the colours interesting. But there is a spot of yellowish on the outside left top of the cup, above the sails that distracts me. I think if it was blended into the sky it would not draw attention to itself.
I really like the metallic look of the grey in the handle. Nice reflections/refractions.
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 26th Painting: A mug shot   26th Painting: A mug shot EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Wonderful Critique WMG. Love feedback like these... It will help me grow. thanks for taking your time for the critique... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 26th Painting: A mug shot   26th Painting: A mug shot Empty

Back to top Go down

26th Painting: A mug shot
Page 1 of 1