Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

6th painting... Marble bowl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

Location Location : Dallas, Texas

6th painting... Marble bowl Empty
PostSubject: 6th painting... Marble bowl   6th painting... Marble bowl EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:50 pm

This is a marble bowl that I did. Not much to say, except that I think I should have waited for the underpainting to dry before putting on the colorful rock veins. Also, I could have lowered the chroma on on the veins a little bit (greyed them a little).

But anyway here it is.

I have started doing the basics, i.e. mixing colors before hand and doing basic shapes, cones, cubes e.t.c and I am feeling the difference. I will recommend it to everybody. I will be practicing these for a month or so, before I attempt another still life. So my next post will be a while... but I will continue to post.

Took a couple of hours (I think) on 6x8 for this one.

6th painting... Marble bowl Img_0310
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 6th painting... Marble bowl   6th painting... Marble bowl EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi All:

I changed the background on this and I am taking pictures with a better camera. A penny for your thoughts!

6th painting... Marble bowl Marble10
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: 6th painting... Marble bowl   6th painting... Marble bowl EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:21 pm

I like what you are doing with the background around the bowl. The shapes of the shadows seem real, but when I look closer, they are suggested rather than heavily rendered. THAT'S what I would like to be able to do also....
Back to top Go down
ftariqtx
ftariqtx

PostSubject: Re: 6th painting... Marble bowl   6th painting... Marble bowl EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi Alan,

thanks for your feedback. I think what helped was to come back to this after a while and do it with a fresh eye. I am learning these things myself... I think you are right, sometimes suggesting things give things a very natural appearance.

Take Care

F Tariq
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th painting... Marble bowl   6th painting... Marble bowl Empty

Back to top Go down

6th painting... Marble bowl
Page 1 of 1