Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reeves Linseed Oil low priced

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dbclemons

Location Location : Texas

Reeves Linseed Oil low priced Empty
PostSubject: Reeves Linseed Oil low priced   Reeves Linseed Oil low priced EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:08 am

I was stumbling through the net yesterday and came across this online store, Ben Franklin. I think they're located in Wisconsin. Anyway, among their inventory of art supplies was a large bottle of water miscable linseed oil medium made by Reeves.

Link:
http://tinyurl.com/d3rk3kz

Disclaimers: I've not bought from Ben Franklin before, or used this product. I'm just pointing it out since it's a very good price. That's about half what Blick charges for Artisan linseed oil medium. I've avoided Reeves' paints since they seem to be student grade, but that shouldn't affect their mediums. If anyone has tried this or wants to, I'd be curious how well it works out. If any one has bought things from this place before, I'd also like to hear about that since they have a good selection of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Reeves Linseed Oil low priced   Reeves Linseed Oil low priced EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi David. Thank you for sharing the info. I've never used any of the reeves products. They seem to be very popular in craft stores and department stores like Walmart so was wondering if they would be rated further down then even student Grade if their was such a thing. I wouldn't think that linseed oil would be such a complex formulation so I wouldn't have a problem purchasing this product if it was readily available in local stores.
Back to top Go down
mpernack

mpernack

Location Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: Reeves Linseed Oil low priced   Reeves Linseed Oil low priced EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:34 pm

They are basically hobby grade. Worse than student grade. The grades are Hobby, Student, and Professional/Artist grade.

We sell them at work and I only sell them to parents looking for something for their kids, and thats only if said parent is hell bent on oils. I try to get them to get acrylics, tempra or water color instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reeves Linseed Oil low priced   Reeves Linseed Oil low priced Empty

Back to top Go down

Reeves Linseed Oil low priced
Page 1 of 1