Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

use of acrylic glazing medium with WSO's

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
astreva

Location Location : Surrey UK

use of acrylic glazing medium with WSO's Empty
PostSubject: use of acrylic glazing medium with WSO's   use of acrylic glazing medium with WSO's EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:30 pm

I am new to WSO's and am wondering if I can use acrylic glazing medium with WSO to reduce the intensity of the colour without the problem of losing the ' stickabilty ' as happens when acrylic is thinned with water .
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

use of acrylic glazing medium with WSO's Empty
PostSubject: Re: use of acrylic glazing medium with WSO's   use of acrylic glazing medium with WSO's EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:04 pm

I don't think that acrylic glazing would be a good idea, but different companies make a water-soluble glazing medium that would work better, so you might want to research that.

I usually just add a very small amount of walnut oil to make the glaze and that way I maintain the "Fat over Lean Rule." I prefer walnut oil, but any of the water-soluble oils such as WS Linseed Oil, made by the manufacturers of your WS Oil paints would also work.

I'm going to move this question into the Water Soluble Oils question forum where it would fit more appropriately.

Judy
Back to top Go down

use of acrylic glazing medium with WSO's
Page 1 of 1