Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hue, Value and Intensity

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Hue, Value and Intensity Empty
PostSubject: Hue, Value and Intensity   Hue, Value and Intensity EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:49 pm

I just finished writing a page on my website about hue, value and intensity. I thought I might share it with you in case you have questions about mixing colors. It does give you an easy method to follow that might help, especially for newer artists. Hope it helps.

http://www.filarecki.com/hue-value-intensity.html Hue, Value and Intensity 5191
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Hue, Value and Intensity   Hue, Value and Intensity EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Thank you for the information on colors, Judy. You know I have so much trouble trying to match a color to a gray scale. I think it's due to the intensity of a color. The only way I can do it now is to make a black and white copy of a colored print, then use the grayscale on the black and white copy. Hopefully, I'll be able to see it without a black and white print someday. Your website is wonderful. Thanks, again.
Dayle
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hue, Value and Intensity   Hue, Value and Intensity EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:43 am

Crystal, I use the old technique of squinting at a colour to determine its value. I seems to help me (ahem) focus on the value rather than the intensity, saturation, hue of a colour.
Back to top Go down
jojomacm

jojomacm

Location Location : Upstate NY

PostSubject: Re: Hue, Value and Intensity   Hue, Value and Intensity EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:29 am

Just read through the provided link. Great tips on color mixing. I took notes!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Hue, Value and Intensity   Hue, Value and Intensity EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Glad you found the color mixing link Helpful. There is much more I could add to it, but I always seem to get side tracked with other things.Judy
Back to top Go down
mpernack

mpernack

Location Location : Seattle, WA

PostSubject: Re: Hue, Value and Intensity   Hue, Value and Intensity EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 2:34 am

There is also the way of holding up a piece red see thru film. It makes everything one color so you can easily tell value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hue, Value and Intensity   Hue, Value and Intensity Empty

Back to top Go down

Hue, Value and Intensity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Painting Discussions :: Color Theory and Mixing-
Jump to: