Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Using acrylics with w/s oils

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Linus

Using acrylics with w/s oils Empty
PostSubject: Using acrylics with w/s oils   Using acrylics with w/s oils EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:45 pm

It has been about nine months since I have been on your site. I have been doing other things and I have never been much on blogging. But I've just started doing a few things and I found out something new, that I didn't know and some of you might be interested. Martin Weber is advertizing a line of w/s oils which he claims can be mixed with acrylics. I tried it with my Winston oils and it works fine. I used acrylic flake white instead of Titanium W/S white to mix. It worked just fine and I couldn't tell the difference at all. Not only that but I added a few drops to the acrylic white flake on the pallet three days ago and it is still nice and soft!! I'm not sure what the advantage would be in mixing in acrylics with the W/S oils unless it would save money or maybe it makes the paint easier to work. Any way it does work and I can't see that it hurts anything.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Using acrylics with w/s oils   Using acrylics with w/s oils EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Thanks for sharing that. I've often wondered if that was a possibility since I have many more colors in acrylics than in WSO's. I'll have to give it a try. Good to hear from you again.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Using acrylics with w/s oils   Using acrylics with w/s oils EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 7:36 am

Thank you Linus for sharing! I wondered the same thing several times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using acrylics with w/s oils   Using acrylics with w/s oils Empty

Back to top Go down

Using acrylics with w/s oils
Page 1 of 1