Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joanieART

joanieART

Location Location : Santa Rosa, CA

How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint Empty
PostSubject: How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint   How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:53 am

A common complaint, besides the tediousness of making the swatches themselves, is the feeling as though one is wasting paint.

I’m with you!!!!! That has stopped me way too often.

But I found a remedy for it and here it is.

If you see yesterday’s post, about How To Choose A Water Soluble Oil Palette, you’ll see the work I went through and the Epiphanies I had while making my color swatches. So check out that post, too, in this section.

After finishing each swatch, of course I had some lovely juicy oil paint left over. I scooped it up with my palette knife and swooshed it on a cradled wood panel that i had, already gessoed black, and color after color I knifed on.

I did keep the primaries and secondaries together on one panel, and when it came time for the earth pigments, I put those altogether on a diff panel.

Here they are!
http://www.artforthesoulofit.com/2011/02/05/how-to-make-color-swatches-without-wasting-paint/

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint   How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:43 pm

That's exactly what I do. Just using what's left over on your palette is a great way to avoid wasting paint. Smile
Back to top Go down
anora

PostSubject: Re: How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint   How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 am

Well..

Its alright...

I am also doing same like that..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint   How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Make Color Swatches Without Wasting Paint
Page 1 of 1