Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Sherry

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sthurner

sthurner

Hello from Sherry Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Sherry   Hello from Sherry EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:21 pm

I'm not sure what little mouse found me experimenting with water mixable oils this month for the first time and sent me an invitation, but I'm glad it happened. I've spent most of the last few years doing watercolor work, some drawing, and some print making. But lately I've wanted more brilliant color, and have been experimenting with WMOs. I work in a tiny space, so I didn't think traditional oils would work out for me.

I have a blog where I sometimes post artwork, sometimes family history or book reviews. It can be found at this address:

http://sherry-latebloomer.blogspot.com/

I also post fairly often on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8789944@N07/

So far I haven't posted anything done in oil, but I will.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Hello from Sherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sherry   Hello from Sherry EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:34 pm

Welcome Sherry,

I'm glad the little mouse found you. I a pretty new forum, but are growing rapidly in membership and content. Feel free to ask any questions as you have them and share any experiences you feel others would benefit from.

I notice you post to Flicker. Are your pictures protected by copyright when posted there. Are they open to google image search, for instance? I've always wondered and have never taken the time to look into it.

Judy
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Hello from Sherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sherry   Hello from Sherry EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Sherry,
I just looked at your blog and the three paintings in three day. I love your humor, especially about the lady in the row boat. I'm just starting a thread called "Down the Drain" for your own art work that you feel didn't quite make the grade. I think everyone would get a real kick out of your description.

By the way, I think the barn is very well done. The barns I'm used to seeing are far from graphically correct, so it is probably best you didn't plot it out

I'm busy going through some of mine to start the post. I have quite a few. i just have to decide which ones.

judy
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

Hello from Sherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sherry   Hello from Sherry EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi Sherry! Welcome to the forum! Squeek, Squeek... the mouse would be me. I checked my list of people I've contacted and you were on it. I'm glad you decided to join us. Smile
Back to top Go down
Leena

Location Location : Finland

Hello from Sherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sherry   Hello from Sherry EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 4:21 am

Hi, Sherry!

Oh I love your art, especially the trees!

I am a bit of a doodler myself when it comes to painting (meaning I work on tiny details and have a bit of a problem to make broad, loose bruswork) so I just looooove the way you've worked on your trees - oh and the pumpkins in the rain are just yummy!

Seems this forum is up to a good start with such talented artists!

Leena Hello from Sherry Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Sherry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Sherry   Hello from Sherry Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from Sherry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: