Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OUT in the Field

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

OUT in the Field Empty
PostSubject: OUT in the Field   OUT in the Field EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:20 pm

This painting I had fun with...I started painting the hills I love to paint and I paint often...then I wanted some interest, so I remembered a barn my daughter took a picture of this year, so hence the red barn, but that wasn't enough, besides it became to weighed on one side, so I added animals in the field....check it out what kind of animal is it? At first it looks like but then take a closer look.
I had fun --- please give your imput as I always enjoy growing -- hope you all are doing well, Dana
OUT in the Field Red_ba13

Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

OUT in the Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUT in the Field   OUT in the Field EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:21 pm

Here's the close up in the field.....
OUT in the Field Red_ba11
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

OUT in the Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUT in the Field   OUT in the Field EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Very cute! Looks like Spring. That make me happy. Thanks!

Dayle
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

OUT in the Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUT in the Field   OUT in the Field EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:57 pm

Here's the colors; sap green, cad yellow, yellow ocher, raw senia for the hills; cobal blue, turq, white, paynes gray, magenta and cad yellow for the sky; crimzin red, red, black, raw umber, and white for the barn; raw umber, burnt senia, yellow ocher, and black for the fence; white, yellow ocher, raw senia, and black for the sheep. Oh' I forgot to say to get that green texture look around the fence area....it happened by mistake, I was putting tape on the hills to get a straigh line for the fence and it pulled off the green, so I did more and more until I was happy with the look....so some mistakes are good ones, at least that's what I think.
Here's a bigger view:
OUT in the Field Red_ba15
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

OUT in the Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUT in the Field   OUT in the Field EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 pm

I was going to say sheep, but then you gave it away. I love the texture you accomplished on the barn, especially the door and gable end. You can feel the roughness of the un-planed wood. Good cloud shadows in the field.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

OUT in the Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUT in the Field   OUT in the Field EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:39 pm

A happy painting, Dana!!!!!

At first I was going to say it was the illusive double-headed double-butted fluffafoo grazing in the field, but on second look I realised it was actually three fluffy sheep. tease (actually jk - they looked like sheep all along)
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

OUT in the Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUT in the Field   OUT in the Field EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:22 am

Great painting Dana! I really like the scene and the colors you've used for the grass look great! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OUT in the Field Empty
PostSubject: Re: OUT in the Field   OUT in the Field Empty

Back to top Go down

OUT in the Field
Page 1 of 1