Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lady of Lyveden

Go down 
+3
Crystal1
Dana C
kopo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Working in my fast disappearing studio I started messing around wioth an idea I've had for some time. There's an old ruin nearby called Lyveden New Beild and it has a moat. So i decided to have my model Jocelyn wading into it. I've gotta do her justice. She's a beautiful ballet dancer and actress.
Lady of Lyveden Work+in+progress+001
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Kopo,
You find such eccentrically-surprising places and have wonderfully-fascinating ideas…..so thought-provoking.

To me your art has a somewhat poetic feel.

Again you have captured my interest….looking forward and watching this one materializing.

Yes, I do agree about making your model look exceptional – although, most of us women want to look exceptional even if our beauty is unequal to a model.

Looking forward to the progress!

Again, I hope the best for the both of you and your move, thank you for staying active here in the forum.

Also thank you for allowing me to have a little adventure through your eyes and experiences.
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 7:08 pm

I agree with Dana. Looks like the start of a great adventure. I want to see more...keep on painting as much as you can with the move.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:42 am

Thank you Dana and Dayle. Thhank you also for the ref to poetry Dana. One of my favourite paintings is 'Lady of Shalott' by Waterhouse. My eyes are constantly drawn to the magic of how he painted the water slowly soaking into the bottom of the fabric hanging out of the boat.
My wife and i believe that life is an adventure, to be made the most of, we must always have a goal to aim at.
cheers
Jack
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 am

Great start, Jack. This one already looks enchanting.

I would like to work with models, but am still composing a model release, and a bit bashful in approaching people to ask them to pose for reference photos. Maybe I will start to carry around a little photo portfolio of my paintings to demonstrate that I'm 'on the level'.

Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Alan
Don't compose a model release, just google it and they already exist online. I did it several years ago then adapted it to meet my requirements.
When talking about portraits and the CLOTHED figure most people are pleased to have been asked even though they may turn you down.
Photographing the nude requires the engagement of a professional model.
Taking the first step is always the most difficult.
Jack
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:04 am

I'm looking forward to following your progress. Your paintings always say so much.

Judy
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 11:19 am

I'll be able to return to the studio now and make some progress. Our house sale has just fallen through.
Sad
Jack
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:42 pm

So sorry about your house, Jack. You are having a some bad luck, aren't you. I'm praying that things get better, and you never know, maybe you'll find a house that fits you even better.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 pm

The start of another evocative painting, Jack. Ah, to be in England where you have those fabulous ruins. I'm looking forwrd to your updates on this one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:46 am

Jack,

Sorry about the house and it falling through, but I bet you're trusting things work out for the best...and don't just happen by chance/accident.

I trust you are trusting that there are better things and places ahead. I hope the best for you both.

May you see the goodness even in the let down and challenges just as you did when your ceiling fell.

The most favorable to you both and your adventures….Dana
Lady of Lyveden Thumbn11
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 12:53 am

Sorry the sale didn't go through. If it is anything like the housing market here in the US, it is really a hard time for selling, but a good time for buying. Hope things get better. Your painting certainly looks like a very inspiring one.

Judy
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:23 am

Thank you Dayle, Dana and Judy. The name of the game is resilience. Thanks Dana too for the photo, I've copied it into my happy folder.
Jack
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:02 pm

Progress is slow. I want to finish it but my studio feels like a foreign field. There is definitely a story. Lord Tresham died before completing the garden house and history is strangely quiet about his wife Muriel who had eleven children. After his death, did his widow ot any of his girl children gaze upon what might have been. Perhaps there are ghostly visitations now?

Lady of Lyveden Kopo10
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Why is my picture sp huge. I saved it as medium web view.
Sorry
Jack
Oops
Back to top Go down
watermixableguy
watermixableguy

Location Location : New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:54 pm

The image certainly IS large, but I can see the details so clearly, I feel as if I am visiting your studio and looking at the original! This is coming along well, Jack. I like the figure very much.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 4:17 pm

I haven't a clue, but I edited the entry for you and reloaded the picture. maybe one of the ghosts seized the picture and made it bigger. I picked medium forum picture, but I use servimg.com for loadingpictures so that choice might be different from yours.

It is quite an intriguing story. The women is taking shape beautifully.

Judy What a Face
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:16 pm

I, for one, am really glad that the picture is really big! The better to see your great work!
Hope the studio feels more like home, soon.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Kepp the updates coming! I love it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 12:10 am

Coming along very nicely....I am loving the folds in her dress.....looking forward to seeing more......Thank you --- very, very nice.......
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 2:27 am

Thank you Alan, Judy, Dayle, Sofie and Dana. This kind of support makes it worthwhile belonging. What I am seeing in this painting is a kind of relationship with the 'Lady of Shalott' gazing toward her many towered Camelot. Ah! to be a romantic. I wish.
Jack

lol!
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Lady of Lyveden Lady+of+Lyveden+3+mediuml+Web+view

This one has lain fallow for a long time. Now back on stream. But the story is taking over.
Is this Lady Muriel or one of her many daughters rising from the water and gazing toward what might have been her home. It lies in ruin but in her minds eye she sees the sconces burning in the great hall. And, very faintly there is the sound of the minstrels and their lutes.

My music whilst I am painting is from one of America's greatest singers. Roberta Flack.

jocolor
Jack
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 3:15 pm

You are such a romantic.

It is interesting how you have done the reflections in the water. They feel right even though the main part of the water is the colors of the building while the building is black. It gives interesting balance to the painting. The black gives the feel of the actual abandoned building while the portrayal of the building itself reflects the vision the girl is seeing. Nice job.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:49 am

Lovely story to go along with a lovely piece. Looking forward to seeing it progress. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lady of Lyveden Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lady of Lyveden   Lady of Lyveden Empty

Back to top Go down

Lady of Lyveden
Page 1 of 1