Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi everyone

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dawn

Dawn

Location Location : Uniontown Mo

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi everyone thanks so much for the invite ! This medium is brand new for me but so far I am loving it. I paint mostly with acrylics but we moved last spring and I found it very difficult to use them, it’s a lot hotter here than I was used to, and they dried way to fast. I decided to give these paints a try and I am in love. I am still really learning how they work so have only completed a few paintings, will post them later. I love the richness of them and how they blend, cant wait to try something bigger, large canvases with the acrylics has proven to be a real challenge so we will see what happens. Still working on Christmas projects but hopefully will be able to work on some paintings soon really looking forward to sharing

Again thanks for the invite, looking forward to chatting with everyone and seeing all your work.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi Dawn! Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your paintings. I switched from acrylics as well and like you I love the Water Soluble Oils. Looking forward to chatting with you as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi Dawn, welcome to the forum.
What kind of things are you making for Christmas projects? OK, I'm nosey Rolling Eyes , but one can over-do it with the painting gifts, sometimes you have to come up with a new idea!

Callie
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure that you will really love the WSO as the weather warms up again this spring. I live in southern Arizona half the year and really appreciate them after being frustrated by the acrylics out here.

I find that the wso dry much quicker out here also as opposed to northern NY in the summer.
Here they are tacky dry by the second day. In NY it is about 4 to 5 days. Humidity is a large factor, or lack of it out here.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.i saw the pear you posted and it looks like you are getting a good feel for the wso's.

judy
Back to top Go down
Dawn

Dawn

Location Location : Uniontown Mo

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:43 pm

Thanks everyone I think this is going to be a fun place you are all just so nice !!

I have been working on little plaques made from polymer clay, I have a big family and lots of friends so this is really the only way I can give them something at Christmas. Last year I made ornaments and gave 3 to 5 per person, just did not have the time or energy, only one each this year. I will post a few pictures here of them if that’s ok or I can add them to my blog maybe that would be better, It will be a day or two before I can do that.

Cant wait to pick up a paint brush again hopefully this week! Thanks again for the worm welcome!
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Dawn, I'm looking forward to seeing your plaques. You could post them in the General Chat area. I think that way we'll all see them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi everyone   Hi everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi everyone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: