Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vintage Arctic Rally

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

Vintage Arctic Rally Empty
PostSubject: Vintage Arctic Rally   Vintage Arctic Rally EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:41 pm

My acrylic!!! Might be my last. I miss the smoothness of blending WS oils. Seeing the development, sometimes by accident, of shades and mists.
Acrylic seems so much of 'in yur face'. It's possibly an emphasis of my own limitations. Not happy at the moment.
Anyway here it is. Wont do any more.

Vintage Arctic Rally Completed+paintings
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Arctic Rally   Vintage Arctic Rally EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:14 pm

Jack, I like it! It's bolder then your usual paintings and I hear you regarding acrylics. I switched back to acrylics at one point when using water soluble oils because I was getting frustrated with the lack of info out their regarding them and lets just say it was a short stint. I had forgotten why I had switched from acrylics to water soluble oils in the first place. I missed the feel of water soluble oils and the way you can blend with them. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you! Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Arctic Rally   Vintage Arctic Rally EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm

I think it is great. I love the strong, pure colors. Also the lack of significant blending, but rather the laying down of colors without blending really gives it a terrific look. I wouldn't be disappointed in it, just pleased that it turned so beautifully even though different than your usual style.

Judy
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Arctic Rally   Vintage Arctic Rally EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:54 am

Thank you Janet and Judy. Got it framed and hanging on the wall now, and, it doesn't look too bad.
lol!
Jack
Back to top Go down
Crystal1

Location Location : Ft Worth, TX

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Arctic Rally   Vintage Arctic Rally EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:35 am

It's a really fun, exciting painting. Thanks for sharing it with us, Jack.

Dayle
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Arctic Rally   Vintage Arctic Rally EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:41 am

Thanks Dayle Wink
Jack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Arctic Rally   Vintage Arctic Rally Empty

Back to top Go down

Vintage Arctic Rally
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Painting Discussions :: Water Mixable Mix-Up-
Jump to: