Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Magic in Your Eyes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

The Magic in Your Eyes Empty
PostSubject: The Magic in Your Eyes   The Magic in Your Eyes EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Interesting article about Rembrandt's portraits:

http://www.livescience.com/culture/rembrandt-painting-technique-revealed-100528.html
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: The Magic in Your Eyes   The Magic in Your Eyes EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Fascinating article. I know I'm always drawn to the eyes especially when they are well done. I always feel that they are the communication between the outer world and the inner person. Thanks,

Judy
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Magic in Your Eyes   The Magic in Your Eyes EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 7:27 am

Callie, that's a great article. Interesting how putting more detail in the eyes can make such a big difference. I know where my focus will be for my next painting. Thank you for sharing! Smile
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: The Magic in Your Eyes   The Magic in Your Eyes EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:33 pm

When I tried doing a copy of a Rembrandt for one of the challenge paintings, one thing that made it difficult to copy was the lack of definition. At first glance, everything's there - then you take a closer look and realize how loose and sketchy some of the brushwork is. He just gives the illusion of great detail! The eyes draw us in and our minds fill in the blanks The Magic in Your Eyes Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Dana C

Dana C

Location Location : Seattle/Snohomish, WA

PostSubject: Re: The Magic in Your Eyes   The Magic in Your Eyes EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Callie -- very nice article, I have been working with eye for over 15 years and this article was fun to read and very interesting about how others viewed Rembrandt's work....esp. when they were looking at the eyes, how it seemed to slow down their own eye movement...they do say "The Eye are Glimpse into our Soul” Thank you for sharing --
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magic in Your Eyes   The Magic in Your Eyes Empty

Back to top Go down

The Magic in Your Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Painting Discussions :: Talk about Art & Painting-
Jump to: