Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Turner Prize

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

The Turner Prize Empty
PostSubject: The Turner Prize   The Turner Prize EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Just reading about the current entries and came across this. The comments afterward were quite entertaining The Turner Prize Icon_twisted I hadn't realized the prize had an age limit (must be under 50 yrs. old). Why - do we expire?
I guess all our talent goes up in smoke the minute we hit the big 5 0 The Turner Prize Drunken_smilie .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/willgompertz/2010/05/the_turner_prize_2010.html
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

The Turner Prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Turner Prize   The Turner Prize EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:54 pm

If you expire at 50, I'm really in trouble at 67. Interesting article, though.
Judy The Turner Prize 615970
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

The Turner Prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Turner Prize   The Turner Prize EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:14 pm

I guess at 50 all our talent just goes poof! and we start painting stuff that people actually want to buy instead of poke fun at! The Turner Prize Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

The Turner Prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Turner Prize   The Turner Prize EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:56 am

So that's what art looks like. (sarcasm) Really dumb idea to have a cut off age. They're missing out on a lot of talented people. Instead they appear to go with garbage collectors and in my opinion some really ugly art. I can see once this trend wears off their is going to be a lot of bonfires. Smile
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

The Turner Prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Turner Prize   The Turner Prize EmptyMon May 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Since when is a light flipping on/off by means of a timer prize-worthy art? I guess my 80+ in-laws must be pretty annoyed when I don't acknowledge their creative genius when the lights automatically click on at 5pm! The Turner Prize Icon_idea

I love the comment about the brown canvas on the broken stretcher bars looking like the old tarp covering a bike in the garage The Turner Prize 342724
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

The Turner Prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Turner Prize   The Turner Prize EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:09 am

Callie wrote:
Since when is a light flipping on/off by means of a timer prize-worthy art? I guess my 80+ in-laws must be pretty annoyed when I don't acknowledge their creative genius when the lights automatically click on at 5pm!

very funny Callie you're too funny! I wonder how the clapper would fair in this contest.

I found the tarp comment funny as well. My husband always says he's not an artist. He's always working with tarps... I guess he is and didn't even know it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

The Turner Prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Turner Prize   The Turner Prize EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:39 am

I need to come up with some over-blown statement about the meaning of life and post it up next to the pile of laundry in front of the washer. That should be worth a gold medal somewhere? And think of the creative possibilities - no 2 piles are ever the same.... I could do a Series!!!

Janet - start photographing those tarps $$$$
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

The Turner Prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Turner Prize   The Turner Prize EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:17 pm

lol! It sounds like your creative juices are really flowing now. You'll be famous some day with those piles of laundry.

If it rains this weekend I'll get some pics of the tarp that my husband puts over the camp fire. You can critique my work. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Turner Prize Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Turner Prize   The Turner Prize Empty

Back to top Go down

The Turner Prize
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Painting Discussions :: Talk about Art & Painting-
Jump to: