Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

House with many windows

Go down 
+2
Janet
kopo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

House with many windows Empty
PostSubject: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:58 am

March April May seem popular months for art exhibitions. Frantically trying to get a dozen or so paintings ready. Got half a dozen but time is required for varnishing, even though it is intermediate.
This one is me returning to my favourite subject, the female form and face. Gone for the very simplest presentation which might encourage someone to buy it when it is finished. About an hours work so far, another two to go, fingers crossed. Excuse the odd background colours but this is one of my cut down economy canvases.
Got to go for a check on my blood pressure at the end of the month. Good job it's not now, it'd be off the scale.
bom
JackHouse with many windows House+with+many+windows_0529
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 8:47 am

Your painting is looking great Jack! Looking forward to watching your painting progress. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 pm

I like the look of your studio from what I can see. Maybe we could have a topic of our studios - how we set things up within our space.
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:22 pm

Figure studies seem to be your forte!
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 4:27 pm

You always seem to do so well with the female form. I'm curious about the name "House with Many Windows.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Yes, do explain that title!
Can't wait to see how this comes along.
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:19 am

The title comes from a photo which a cyberac permitted me to use. The young lady is in a semi built office block with many windows in the wall she is facing. The strong sunlight created the pattern on the floor.
At the moment it is a temporary title. Who knows what it will be called when it's finished.
Going off at a tangent I wonder what our paintings say about us. The topic, the method, the title???
Handwriting, dreams, etc., provide an insight into the person. What does the creation of art reveal? Or, do we want to know???
Surprised
I'm in one of my nuttier moods
Jack
lol!
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:29 am

lol! I do think art is personal and that's why it's difficult to show your art to others. It's virtually impossible to stay detached. I think we all put a little of ourselves in our artwork. The choices we make say something about us.
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 12:36 pm

I think my art says I like to eat fruit House with many windows Icon_geek

That's a neat effect created by the light/windows. Hope you'll post some larger views as it comes along House with many windows Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
Dale

Dale

Location Location : Near Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:03 pm

My pictures say I'm thirsty? There is usually water
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Dale - at least it's water and not bottles of whisky! House with many windows Drunken_smilie
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:48 am

You appear to know me very well Callie
good night
Jack
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:13 am

Maybe I've been peeking through all those windows! House with many windows Fresse

Is it too early for a cup of "tea"?
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:30 am

Room still progressing. Remembered a long learned and forgotten lesson. Any painting with strong verticals and horizontals - put it in the frame at the time for composition. I forgot and when I put it in the frame there were quite a number of errors to correct. I'm still feeling quite pleased with it though.
so I'm smiling Smile
Off for a cup of coffee now.
lol!
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:31 am

House with many windows Roomwith+many+windows+Medium+Web+view
Oooops forgot piccie
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 8:49 am

Jack it's beautiful! The figure looks lovely! Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:57 am

I can see why you are pleased, it looks really good. That is a great suggestion about the frame. I never really thought about it, but with this painting, it definitely makes sense.
Judy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: House with many windows   House with many windows Empty

Back to top Go down

House with many windows
Page 1 of 1