Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New guy checking in.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
henrytheartist

New guy checking in. Empty
PostSubject: New guy checking in.   New guy checking in. EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Thanks for the invitation to join this group. I do paint with WSO's but I do it in fits and starts. I started using them because in the region I live, you don't want to open windows in the winter. Smile
At the present time I'm doing watercolors, but that could change in a heartbeat. I'll check in with the group and see how things are getting on. My very best wishes to you all.
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in.   New guy checking in. EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:57 pm

Welcome Henry,
I'm so glad you joined us. Like many an artist, we all use different mediums at different times to accomplish different things. I respect people who do watercolors. I love how they look, but always feel threatened, because it is so hard to cover up a mistake. With WSO's and acrylics, you can just do it over and no body knows the difference.

Be sure to post some of your work. We would love to see it.

Judy
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in.   New guy checking in. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:03 am

Hi Henry! Welcome to the forum! I tried watercolors once and found them so difficult. I think I was trying to make them opaque which defits the whole purpose. Thank you for your support and keep in mind that you can share what you're up to in other mediums in our General Chat area. Smile
Back to top Go down
henrytheartist

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in.   New guy checking in. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:36 pm

Thanks Judy and Janet.......I'll be sure to do that.....if you would like to try watercolor again sometime, I have an on going series of watercolor instruction videos on U-tube. They are available for viewing at - https://www.youtube.com/user/wagstaffe7 I'll be sure to post some things before too long. Thanks again for having me as part of you r group.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in.   New guy checking in. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Henry, Great videos! Thank you for sharing! I'm happy to have you as part of our group! Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in.   New guy checking in. EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 2:50 pm

I checked out one of your videos and plan to look at more. I also subscribed to your channel so I can follow you. Check out my my channel if you have time. https://www.youtube.com/user/judyfilarecki I also have some instructional videos on there. Judy
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in.   New guy checking in. EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Henry,

I just posted a question in "Question and Answers that you amy be able to help me with since you do a lot of watercolors. check it out and let me know. Judy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in.   New guy checking in. Empty

Back to top Go down

New guy checking in.
Page 1 of 1