Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters!

Go down 
+2
Callie
ArtLovingLady
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ArtLovingLady

ArtLovingLady

Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! Empty
PostSubject: Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters!   Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:23 pm

Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! Icon_razz My name is Terry and today I met Judy Filarecki (hello Judy) at Arizona Art Suppy here in Tucson, Arizona TODAY! She noticed that I was buying water soluble paint and asked me if I had used them yet. I told her that I was from Grand Junction, Colorado where their were not many opportunities for artists, shows (only one a year). or art groups.

My art experiences started with a Bob Ross painting group 12 years ago. After 3 sessions I knew I wanted to do more. There was a wonderful oil painting teacher and I took classes from her for two years. Students were encouraged to pick out something they wanted to paint and then she would help with composition, color, brush strokes, demonstrating on a separate canvas -- she never touched the canvas we were working on. Many of the artists became very proficient.

Then one day I happened into a small gift store in a nearby town and saw my first acrylic landscape paintings. They were spectacular! There was only one art teacher, Sharon Cole, who was exceptional at teaching acrylic painting. I attended her classes along with 7 other artists who were quite proficient and painted with her group for 8 years. From her I learned many different techniques that I have never seen in any other acrylic paintings. My third landscape painting of a winter scene (large canvas) was put into an art show in the area -- I was astounded when I won "Best of Show" (there were about 300 entries). I am also self-taught with pastels, and have taken ribbons in shows of oils, acrylics and pastels.

My husband and I were "snow birds" and came from Colorado to Tucson, Arizona every winter for 12 years. We knew that the Tucson area was "large" on artists. So, early Spring of 2008 we decided that we should actually move to Tucson where my husband could pursue his hobby of restoring old cars, and I could pursue my art. We sold our house and moved into our new home in Tucson on April 1, 2009. I have become very active in the Tucson art community having joined SAAG (Southern Arizona Art Guild), and am looking into joining the Pastel Society, along with other art groups here too. Also, I have begun teaching acrylics and pastels, and will probably start teaching WSO next year.

I am so happy Judy told me about this forum and cannot wait to get together with her soon.

Wow, am I having fun or what???? Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Callie
Callie

Location Location : St. Louis, MO USA

PostSubject: Re: Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters!   Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm glad you got to meet Judy, and welcome to the forum!

We know a lot of artists have either switched to ws oils from other media, or still do use others as well as the ws oils, so be sure to check out the "Water-Mixable Mix-Up", you can share tips and techniques and your non-ws oil paintings there.

Congratulations on your awards, and a successful art career! Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! Icon_cheers
Please have a look around, and jump in where ever you'd like - I'm sure your experience will be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Location Location : North Bay, Ontario Canada

PostSubject: Re: Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters!   Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Terry, Welcome! Sounds like you've had a very productive art career. I'm glad Judy invited you to join us. Smile
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters!   Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Terry,

Thanks for the phone call. I was busy working on the cat for the January Challenge so I hadn't caught up with the new posts in the forum.

I know you'll enjoy the group and have a great deal to share with all your other experiences. If you are new to the WSO's feel free to ask any questions. We have people who have worked with them as long as 10 years and every thing in between.

Have a great trip to western Arizona. Take lots of reference pictures to paint. I look forward to meet up with you to paint together once you get back.

Judy Welcome
Back to top Go down
Sofie
Sofie

Location Location : Courtenay, BC, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters!   Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:19 am

Nice to meet you, Terry. I hope to see some of your work posted here soon.
Back to top Go down
kopo

kopo

Location Location : Cromer, Norfolk, England

PostSubject: Re: Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters!   Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 6:39 am

Hi Terry
May I add my welcome. I don't visit the group all that much but when I have, the response and interest has been fantastic. Enjoy yourself
Jack
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters!   Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters! Empty

Back to top Go down

Well, here I am all ready to meet you WSO painters!
Page 1 of 1