Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for artists who paint with Water Soluble Oils

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PapaJohn

Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils Empty
PostSubject: Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils   Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:07 pm

Hello I've just joined .I recently bought some wsoils but am wondering if I can use my traditional oils and linseed oil with these and If so in what quantities

Last edited by PapaJohn on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Back to top Go down
judyfilarecki
judyfilarecki

Location Location : Northern NY and Southern Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils   Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils EmptySat Oct 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Welcome PapaJohn. I know some people in the forum had information for you on that, But I don't. Too many allergies to traditional paints and linseed . Hopefully others will join in the discussion. You might want to go to the Search box in the main menu above and type something mixing traditional and WSO oils to see if there is any discussion on that topic.
Back to top Go down
JanG

Location Location : NC - USA

PostSubject: Re: Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils   Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 5:40 am

Hi PapaJohn and welcome!

Yes, you can mix traditional oils and mediums with WSOs but the more traditional oil you use, the less water solubility there will be. It's recommended that you use no more than 25% traditional oil in order to retain the water mixability.

Hope you'll show us some of your work soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils   Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils Empty

Back to top Go down

Using my trad oils and mediums wsoils
Page 1 of 1